stamped concrete...

myzeneye

any one do it ?

i know the pro's and cons... but its just for the back garden not a drive or anything...

ive done all the ground work, digging out, levels, hardcore whacked etc...

do you think ill get any one to just screed the concrete, coulor it and stamp it...

i understand its quite expensive, not had any quotes etc.. but hoping that cos ive done the donkey work i might get a good cheap price...

i have been considering paving it but before i do id like to look at this option....as paving is expensive too...

its roughly 80- 100m2 maybe havent measured up properly yet but itll be around that... and idears of a rough questimate on that sort of area with the donkey work alreay done... its ready to pour the mix ....

cheers guys...

Just done some math there for various paving (different sizes, quality etc) and the cheapest I could come up with was £1126.32 based on an average paving slab at 450mm X 450mm. You would need 494 of them at a cost of around £2.28 each. Thats a cheap quote to cover such a large area. As for getting the area screeded <(if thats a word!), it would depend on the quality of concrete. If you are checking this out have a look for effloressence. It is like a white powder that is a characteristic of good cement based products. You should be able to see it on the surface after the concrete has dried.

The last time I got something concreted it cost £1100 for an area of around 40 square meters at 5 inches deep. The only preparation was the installation of a damp proof membrane and a timber frame to hold the concrete in. I'm pretty sure there should have been more done but I think these guys were cowboys. Turned out alright though. Still no cracks.

Edited by Dancake

yes dan i price some 450x450 flags texture/buff, at b&Q ...came up at around the £1100 mark...

the ground has been dug out properly with a mini digger, all the soft spots dealt with, a good bed of mot whacked down right hard and the levels are somthing like...

i just need a price for someone to float,colour and stamp the concrete, as im prepared to have a team of boys barrow the concrete in also...

dunno, i understand most folk will want the whole job and the whole cash but in these times a quick easy job might do someone a turn??

then everyones a winner?

I believe there is a new legislation which came out at the back end of 2008 that sates

homeowners will require planning permission to replace their driveway or pave over the garden unless porous materials are used. This is all to combat the high flood risks which hit Britain last year

Check with your local council

http://www.home-improvement-blog.co.uk/200...tion-being.html

I believe there is a new legislation which came out at the back end of 2008 that sates

Check with your local council

http://www.home-improvement-blog.co.uk/200...tion-being.html

YUP, my neighbour works for the local planning department and you now need planning as stated above. Some councils are being heavy handed with it too.

Phil

hmmm...

i looked at the sand stone slabs.... £12 per meter on the net, but needs delivering in one go... that would be 21 pallets !!! ive got no where to put that kind of amount, so that rules that out...next was builders yard at £18 per meter for sand stone... so then its starts getting pricey.... the buliders yards struggle to give the deals that the big places like b&q do and that even with the discount i get as a tradesman....

its gonna cost, whatever option i do...

just thought the stamped route may have been an option..but thr regulations have scuppered me once again !!

Hi myzeneye,

You will be within striking distance of Woolton Landscapes and they do some excellent work. Just do a google and speak to Pete Fitz. My garden was rough grass and muddy clay until Pete and his team got stuck in...this was the result fourteen days later:

n7.jpg

(I'm not involved with the company in any way, just a very satisfied customer.) :good:

don't worry about the planning issue, they'll only know if its in your front garden, just make sure the runoff goes into a soakaway rather than the mains drains and you won't have anything to worry about.

p.s are you sure about the number of pallets, I've just had 70m2 of travertine delivered ok only 12mm thick but that fitted in 1.5 pallets

Edited by al4x

Riven Sandstone is normally packed at 14.62m2 Stone size, 15.25m2 laid (with the joints), thats for the 25-35mm stuff. The 15mm sandstone is a bit too thin in my opinion, but you may get away with it if its well laid and fully supported. Two of the large importers of stone to the UK, Midlands Slate and Tile, and Stone Eporium folded about 2 weeks ago so there are lots of stockists who relied on their products desperatly trying to source stone. This means many of the good deals (MST were retailing at £9.89 for Raj Green, the 25-35mm stuff too) have now gone out the window. Try the 2 firms I pm'd you, id be surprised if you cant get it delivered for under £12-13m2