I'm resigning as your daddy.

After today's dismal showing, I feel it necessary to preserve the high standing of the honourable office of 'The Daddy', to stand down with immediate effect. :lol:

**** knows what happened to me today. Something is up to go from 87% and 90% down to 64% and 57% in the space of a month. Though I gave up halfway through the 2nd layout to get the 57%. *whankericonhere*

So, the deserving Daddy will be announced Sunday evening after Cat has announced his result. He'll need to shoot very well to earn it.

It's been an honour being y'daddy. :blink: I'll be back.....maybe. :innocent:

God help us all,

Peter,

Don't take it too heart, The Essex Masters is probably the hardest shoot on the clay circuit and we all did the same as you the first year we shot it. I am under no illusion that it is a great leveller.

Pete, don't be down. You have the right gun (it's too long for me but I give it the seal of approval [pointable and nice balance]) so crack on.

The missing is all in the head. You hit enough first pairs and thus there is no reason you can't hit the rest. It's the same for all of us and it's about not letting it get to your head.

Today, I didn't take any notice of the scores until the end of each course and because I didn't think about it, it was one less thing for me to think about.

Hey Peter,

I know you have had some lessons with Ben H and I'm not knocking his abilities to teach and certainly not his shooting ability, but maybe he has put a few too many technical thoughts in your head and taken away some of your instinctive shooting. This may well lead to a short term dip in form but once you get your head round it will make you more consistant in the long run.

Go shoot some straw balers and get some confidence back and you will be the Daddy again. I've seen you shoot a couple of times and you are far better than 60% :D keep your chin up, dont worry about your scores for a while and just enjoy shooting with your mates all will come good :lol: .

Just what Im doing later, little 40 birder up the road with Mum & Dad then lunch at the local pub :lol:

Fuzrat

**** knows what happened to me today. Something is up to go from 87% and 90% down to 64% and 57% in the space of a month. Though I gave up halfway through the 2nd layout to get the 57%. *whankericonhere*

Yes, but you shouldn't be comparing 87-90% on a hay bale jobby with 57 and 64% at the Essex Masters yesterday. That was a pretty testing set-up. It's not comparing like with like :D

Edited by Chard

The Kibworth one was their registered layout for that weekend that they were setting up in the morning, I shot it in the afternoon during the week. Doveridge was the usual fixed layout, and not that testing really. But, neither were anything like the Masters!

I gots ta *** more experience.... I guess I'm rushing everything for a 15 month old shooter.

As the originater of the whose THE DADDY thread,

I believe the title cant just be handed away because of an off day.

(THE DADDY) Peter my son. I no its a cross to bare But so far you have bared it well...

If you feel you can bare it no more throw the DADDY title into the ring. And let the pigeonpals fight it out.

If not you still have till your year has run out...

It.s a lonely place being the DADDY I.m sure.......

one day I will be the DADDY..untill then I keep practising like Rocky in rocky 3..

not sure boxing will help but I.ll try anything!

:lol: Y'know Annihalator, I had the same feelings about that, but I was browbeaten into giving it up early. :D

S'ok, I'm not bitter (much) and can take it on the chin like a bog boy. :lol: I presume the new owner will step up and claim it based on the Essex Masters results? I'm not sure how'll it'll be decided. :lol:

The forum does need a Daddy though. :P

Yes indeed, I think the new daddy should be determined over a competition which is widely recognised as the best annual competition and set up in the UK for which people travel far and wide to shoot it, and it should be over a large number of clays - not the usual 50, 70 or 100 birders; hell we should make it a 200 bird competition. We should also book it early to make sure plenty can shoot it.

oh well, I guess we will just have to wait for the Essex Masters next year to decide who should take over from PDLM :D:lol:

Edited by Mungler

Yes indeed, I think the new daddy should be determined over a competition which is widely recognised as the best annual competition and set up in the UK for which people travel far and wide to shoot it, and it should be over a large number of clays - not the usual 50, 70 or 100 birders; hell we should make it a 200 bird competition. We should also book it early to make sure plenty can shoot it.

UK Grand Masters at Southdown?

Might be too far for the midlanders/northerners though.

National Inter-Counties, Doveridge 4th Oct? Dunno how many birds, probably 100. That's more central.

I wouldn't be so hasty to resign your title PDLM, you earned it fair and square at Northampton :blush:

Southdown would be a bit too much of a trek for me if the next one was there, however Doveridge, Kibworth, Grange Farm, Shugborough etc. are all do-able for me :blink:

Hi Peter , everyone has an off day ! Most of the great shooters I have talked to think it is about a six year journey to being a masterclass shot . Most people tend to get there through a series of ups and downs rather than a steady climb to the top . When you have a bad day , the first thing to do is to see where everyone else came . If you still think you underperformed , just accept it ! We tend to think we are as good as our worst performance instead of our best and tend to compare our bad days with our friends good days. Try to keep a sense of proportion . I bet if you speak to Ben he will tell you the same thing .

Hi Peter , everyone has an off day ! Most of the great shooters I have talked to think it is about a six year journey to being a masterclass shot . Most people tend to get there through a series of ups and downs rather than a steady climb to the top . When you have a bad day , the first thing to do is to see where everyone else came . If you still think you underperformed , just accept it ! We tend to think we are as good as our worst performance instead of our best and tend to compare our bad days with our friends good days. Try to keep a sense of proportion . I bet if you speak to Ben he will tell you the same thing .

Yes, a very good post, couldn't agree more. :good:

Cat.