BUILT MYSELF A SMOKER

lozrob

ERRRM IS THAT LID GALVANISED??? and the rack holders?:blush: if they are its about time they get chucked away from that plan, will poison you, wont kill you but will give you BAD flu like symptoms, lee taught me that, SO ill refer the thread to him and let him be the judge, trust me mate no point feeling ill for a bit of pigeon, but other than that great job....

I would never advise the following.

If you ever happend to find a dead badger, you should NEVER smoke the meat.

This is because it's utterly delicious.

But doing so can be considered illegal under the badger act (bit of a black area) - so I can't advise you do it.

(but honestly, give it a go - or not.)

ERRRM IS THAT LID GALVANISED??? and the rack holders?:good: if they are its about time they get chucked away from that plan, will poison you, wont kill you but will give you BAD flu like symptoms, lee taught me that, SO ill refer the thread to him and let him be the judge, trust me mate no point feeling ill for a bit of pigeon, but other than that great job....

Where does "lee" get his info from please ??

dude this guy knows what he is talking about when it comes to smoking ****, OH and the fact that he works in that vague area, he was saying about galvanised weldings and that when "the boys" so it they have to have extractors going 6 10 half a dozen of the other, personal experience then i geuss... but i will be doing my research.... OH btw guys... smoked a burger tonight (birdseye you know the ones with onions in and such) over plum wood BEST EVER give it a go....

oh leeinva btw... lol didnt say that at first...

Edited by mark_mjs93

first class :good: a good source for racks is your local scrap yard / scrap man or if you see an old cooker or oven outside a house ask the owner for the oven racks , are the pigeon breasts laid on the kitchen foil ?

Edited by hollycopter

hi,

the pigeon breasts are in the grilling rack, the tin foil is very slightly under them to catch the fat drips.

i have been making a stainless steel lid today , in the shape of a china mans hat,

and will be adding a water pan.

looking forward to doing some more at the weekend.

cheers .

you can also put all kindsa stuff into your water pan whilst smoking, red wine lemon or orange zest etc etc ....so on and so forth....

just adds another element o flavour

ps.... i have had "galvy flu" what we called it when i was serving my time years ago and i tell you felt like ****...man-flu...but worse!! dunnoe if any chance of getting it via a smoker but personally wouldnt be taking any chances after having had the galvy flu once befroe!!!

cheers

sauer

Edited by Sauer

Use less coals and go cold smoked.

I use an old bbq with a few briquettes and loads of wood chips.

Did some nice smoked duck a few weeks ago..........

Still......need to "adapt" it a bit with a small fire box and pipe work for the smoke about another 2 foot away from the food.

Didnt know abut the wire racks.........ahhh.................................is this the same for "cooling racks".....