I need a stock for a Baikal

bennyuk

Dispatch it with your hands. I wouldn't think highly of someone trying to dispatch an animal using their shotgun (not by means of shooting it). Maybe a true lesson has been learnt here.

I new I would get some **** for this!!

I wont be doing it in a hurry again though.

We all learn by our mistakes.

Here are some pics of the damage!

well guys I'm good ??? but not that good :oops: thats defo a re stock :blink: best of luck bud have you looked on flea bay just type baikal in it comes up straight away not sure if it's the right one but worth a punt at that price <_< give me a shout if you need any help

Edited by straightshooter1

I agree with utectok-being new is simply not a good enough excuse for this kind of behaviour-whenever you carry a gun you are an ambassador for our sport and behaving like an idiot looks bad on us all.If you cannot despatch any quarry that you hunt quickly and humanely then may i suggest that you learn these skills before you continue hunting.

I agree with utectok-being new is simply not a good enough excuse for this kind of behaviour-whenever you carry a gun you are an ambassador for our sport and behaving like an idiot looks bad on us all.If you cannot despatch any quarry that you hunt quickly and humanely then may i suggest that you learn these skills before you continue hunting.

It was his 1st kill and he has learned from the mistake, for god's sake have you nothing better to do?:good:? Try practicing your spelling!!!

i think the point is he hand not killed mr hare so he taped in on the head??im thinking that mabe his mate had the carts and he only had the ones in the gun?? there for leving him with no way of shooting to finsh him off ? hunce his mate saying he thourght the braking sound was "ben" getting a stick

:D:lol: i could be wrong thou :good:

imho I don't think someone should be shooting live quarry if you don't know how t o humanely dispatch wounded quarry.

OK, to all you haters, we all have to start somewhere and we all learn as we do things. Yes, I now know what I did wasnt the smartest thing ever and it cost me a new stock, however I have learned a lesson and wont do it again, it is our ability to learn from our mistakes that makes us human. I am sorry if some of you were born knowing everything there is to know about shooting and hunting and humane dispatch but unfortunatley I wasnt. I have been honest about what happened and I thank all of you who had a comment but didnt give me abuse over it.

The rest of you who decided to give me **** can go suck a fat one.

I got a new stock on the way from ebay. £14.00, bargain!

Guilty as charged of posting a comment on this thread-as for being a "hater"-not sure where that comes from-I have no opinion on the shooter as i have never met him.I am glad that a lesson was learned from the episode and pray that a similar event doesnt re-occur.Apart frm being unfair on the quarry i am surprised that no-one has mentioned the danger of such an act.Lets just say ,for sake of argument, that the hare had been cleanly killed by the blow from the stock-and the chap was not made aware of the safety aspect.Lets just imagine the consequences if the shooter was to become used to occasionally finishing off his quarry in such a way until one day, in a momentry lapse of concentration,he does it after only firing one shot. I hope that you enjoy very many years of happy hunting ,bennyuk,but please be carefull-best of luck-bruno.

Edited by bruno22rf

Im sorry but i know you have had enough over this but im sorry i dont agree with this as a newbie to the sport tie in with someone with experiance. I also can not condone the shooting of hares at this time of year without very good reason for doing so. I worries me now the people thay give guns im all for new commers but god try fall in with experianced gun owners to learn i personally would quite happilly take a new commer out now & again to get into it.

I don't think inexperience is an excuse for bad practise. Sorry even fireing a second shot into wounded quarry takes no skills and is humane but spoils the meat granted. But ask and find out get a decent book respect your quarry and in time you will learn more and enjoy it more.

• 1 month later...

Baikal is back up and running now thanks to the one pointed out on fleebay. There are so many hare on this permission that the odd one for the pot will not be missed.

It got allot of views this post, I just hope that his next one is better news.

See you when I get back on Saturday Ben.........