I need a stock for a Baikal

bennyuk

Went shooting today on one of my permissions and got my first hare!

Unfortunatley it wasnt a clean kill and I didnt have anything with me to finish it off with, I made a stupid decision and decided to give it a "tap" on the head with the stock of the Baikal. Guess what, I broke it, quite badly and beyond repair.

Now before you all start on me I know I was a ****. I am a newbie and have learnt a valuable lesson (and yes, I did remove the cartridges) and now dont have a shotgun anymore.

I know its only a cheap gun but I liked it. (it is a double trigger non ejector)

Does anyone have a stock for one they want to sell, or another Baikal for "spares or repairs"? Does anyone know where I can get hold of a stock?

On the bright side at least I will have a good meal tomorrow night!

Hope someone can help

Cheers

Ben (the ****!)

wingnut, I was close by and saw the gun, no repairing this stock. Picture this....

Me and Ben walking through a wood, I hear 2 shots go off then what I presumed Ben breaking a branch to finish off what ever he had shot.....

I start making towards the noise and hear "Paul, Paul got my 1st kill but it has killed my gun"! I rush over wondering what has happened and emerge from the trees to see Ben holding a big hare in one hand and whats left of his gun in the other. I said you didn't and he said yep I did!!!!!!

The stock is well beyond repair as a third of it is missing, if someone has one lying around it would be a great help as Ben was going to keep this gun and pass it down to his son. It was not worth a lot of money but as I have done you always want to keep your 1st gun..

At least it will force him to buy the semi auto he has been after for a while.

Paul.

Many years ago when these were imported by Budget Guns and Tackle, they sold them with Italian upgraded wood. Something must have happened to all the old woodwork. I would try e-mailing a few big gun shops - Chris Potter, the Sportsman, Minsterley ranges (bought a Browning XS stock from them for peanuts) etc.

Good luck.