met up

dave1979

took up mag mans kind offer of a bit of lamping on his land last nite1. arrived at robs house at bout 8.20,and loaded the 4x4 and we were away!!! off to a place that had some chickens taken,so we gets there and rob stakes a couple of the dead birds out and spreads some mackeral around as an attractant,then positions the 4x4 at a good view point,and he says to me "i bet the ****** comes down this track were i cant get a good shot" anyway gun out and we were at a steak out!!!! after about 2/3 hrs a quick flsh reveals old charlie boy!!!! yep..you guessed..just were rob said he didnt want him to be!!! ******!!!! but just goes to show rob knows his stuff!!! any way..this was 10.15,and the last we saw of the red chicken thief on this land!!!! anyway off to some other land,pulls into a gate hole and lamp on reveals a set of rubys to the left and some way out in front..rob soon had the hmr ready and a couple of squeaks later the fox in the distance was charging towards us like a steam train!!! was it goin to stop?:yes: yes!!! 50yrds away!!!! BANG!!!! missed!!!! was gutted,,so dont know how rob felt!!! and this red fella was away!!!! not 1 to be defeated we drove to another patch of land...lamp on and again at bout 130 yrds stood our target!!!! gun out and no mistakes this time!!!!! the tell tale thud and we had 1 in the bag..happy days!!!!

it was a very small vixen..prob last years cub..but a fox none the less!!!! was buzzin!!!!

mud017.jpg

any way a massdive thanx to rob for allowin me to acompany him. i had a great nite mate!!! top man!!!! :look:

Was good to have your company Dave , as for the miss it happens to the best of us :look: Missed over the top with it being close in :wub:

As for the gun in the pic it was a cz 452 16" 17 hmr :yes:

i was too excited to take all the gun info in!!! my mistake sorry :hmm: !!!! but thanx again for a great nite!!! just skinned that scabby rabbit... nowt wrong with the meat!!! its in the freezer now!!!!

Best you check with your feo mate as it's now illegal to take foxes with 17 hmr's in lancs and gmp,would'nt want you to lose your fac over that one. :look:

how does that one work if its written on his ticket?

Best you check with your feo mate as it's now illegal to take foxes with 17 hmr's in lancs and gmp,would'nt want you to lose your fac over that one. :look:

i do have it on my ticket :hmm: and even you can take fox with the hmr :yes: humane dispatch ?

I have fox control down on my FAC and the FEO and Avon & Somerset Licensing approve of shooting foxes with the 17 HMR- agreed some areas do not approve of this calibre

guess Im lucky living where I do!

Les :look:

Edited by Lez325

:lol: 1 out of 3 eh Rob :( i can,t be down all of the time to clean up after you :hmm:

Well done fella,s ;)

I,m guesing that 1st fox was the 1 we waited for but it didn,t show....got yourself a challenge there mate...sure you,ll get it sorted...eventuallly :lol:

That's the one mate , waited again last night with jay but he never showed :)

Having a night off tonight but will be back tomorrow for a sit out , one day he will slip up :(

Shot any bucks lately :D:yes:

i have just had a big old dog fox sat starring at me..had the cross hairs rite between his eyes at bout 25yrds...but as i only had the air gun he lives to fight another day!!! couple o squeeks on the fox bubble float did the trick...unbelievable..in broad daylight 2!!!! also it got the magpies into a mad frenzie,they came from everywere!!!