Bait station tip

magman

Thought i would pass this on , when sitting at a bait station and not having night vision you find yourself lamping every 5 minutes :D so came up with this answer (well pinched the idea of a friend)

PIR unit fixed onto a electric fence post wired to a 12 volt battery . place this a few meters away so all you have to do is

wait for a small red light to appear and there is something on the bait , lamp on bingo :sick:

A few pics

Photo-0231.jpg

Photo-0233.jpg

Photo-0230.jpg

Thought JohnGalway would like this :P

Hope this is of help to some of you :oops:

have you tried the alarm clock method :oops: it should give you a good idea what time the visits are,

they are normally very consistant time keepers, you would normally expect to be within 15 minutes either way :sick:

a very good idea, i may copy that one.

Edited by Dougy

have you tried the alarm clock method :P it should give you a good idea what time the visits are,

they are normally very consistant time keepers, you would normally expect to be within 15 minutes either way :oops:

a very good idea, i may copy that one.

10.20 was when i saw him last week been there for 3 nights since till 1 am and he never showed , think i have a roamer :sick: great :D

Interesting stuff :lol: Is the red light integral to the PIR unit or have you wired it up seperately? Any other technical info would be great, how ye wired it all up etc. :P Sounds like a winner that!

John the red light is integral to the PIR as its a house alarm PIR so a dim red light appears , wired up with just a live and neutral from the 12 volt battery .

As for the security light with the PIR i would of thought it would take the fox alot longer to get used to plus you would have to keep changing the battery .

Edited by magman

• 1 month later...
I,ll second that..... Badshot prepare to "lose"

some lecky fence posts :angry:

:good: D2D

Is that why the sheep fence disappeared? :P:)

:o ??? ???

Good idea that, has it been tried on rabbit sized quarry at all? Might be useful for sitting and waiting in a few areas.

Sorry Magman, but I'm still laughing at Marks comment :P

Two of Bivvys quotes now vying for the one quote spot in my sig, the world's indeed a troubled place :good:

No problem John , thought mark had got the hang of the quote thing by now .

But he hasn't :)