New CPSA Classifications are out today

No movement for me really, my shooting has been really poor over the last 6 months. C class sporting is completely deserved. :blink: Though I've only shot a few reg rounds in the last 6 months.

B in Sportrap is the same, not having shot any registered at all for ages.

Missed AA in Allround by 0.5 of a point, bit annoying. I guess I should have checked the cut offs and gone out and shot a 2nd round to try and get an 89 to back up the 88.

I might cheer myself up by getting a classification in Skeet, AA looks easy enough. :P

Paulos is chirping this morning, being a AA Skeet munky. :ermm:

Edited by Peter De La Mare

I am still in B class for sporting, not suprising really as I haven't shot a single registered bird for over a year.

I see the mighty Catamong is slipping, down .5% in his sporting. It is a slippery slope and the only way is down when you are past it.

I see the mighty Catamong is slipping, down .5% in his sporting. It is a slippery slope and the only way is down when you are past it.

Aye, it would have been worse if his missing scorecard from Southdown had re-appeared. Seems the master scorecard got eaten by that sweet old Spanial in the clubhouse as well. :blink:

Hey play nicely boy's! Cat has just got a shiney new gun and this will take some getting used to. As for the missing card well old news and getting really boring now. Why don't you find some more interesting news to gossip about over your tea and biscuits.

Anyway on the international scene CAT shot a wicked 88 ex 100 at the Belguim Compak this weekend (same as me). So watch this space he is back and getting better all the time. Congrats to Jamie Brightman for being overall high gun on 190 ex 200 and for our ole mate Martin for coming 2nd.

I'm not going to say any more cause it will spoil the report that Cat will be doing later other than we had a fabulous time and can't wait to go there next year.

Just one thing can some one answer this:

If someone shoots two compaks over 6 months and they score 83 and 89 why have they been put in AAA with average of 89? I thought that you had to shoot a minimum of three hundred targets to get a classification at that discipline. I may be wrong.

As for me the only change is that I have gone up to AAA for sporting so really happy.

cheryl

Hey play nicely boy's! Cat has just got a shiney new gun and this will take some getting used to. As for the missing card well old news and getting really boring now. Why don't you find some more interesting news to gossip about over your tea and biscuits.

If someone shoots two compaks over 6 months and they score 83 and 89 why have they been put in AAA with average of 89?

I thought that you had to shoot a minimum of three hundred targets to get a classification at that discipline. I may be wrong.

As for me the only change is that I have gone up to AAA for sporting so really happy.

cheryl

Don't worry Cheryl, it's only a sign of affection that poor Cat receives the same amount of grief he hands out to others. :P

I also thought that one had to shoot 300 birds before being classified. I was classified in Allround after only shooting 100 ! Seems that the system changed at the same time it switched to 6 monthly updates?

Well done on your AAA classification, though I'd assumed you were already in there. :blink: There should be a AAAA class for 'your type'

What's your opinion on Mung's suggestion that there shouldn't be a 'Lady' category. It's not as if there is any physical requirement to differentiate between the sexes. :ermm:

I'm glad everybody's so interested in my scores, nice to still have a good and loyal fan club, even if I do miss the odd one now and again.

Yes, we had a great weekend in Belgium, a write up to follow.

Cheryl had a bit of a problem with the odd bogey bird "dinner plate", it was bugging her so badly, she had to get a bit of late evening practice in whilst we were enjoying the Belgian nightlife..!! :blink:

DSCF0492.jpg

Cat.

good to see theres life in the old dog yet cat??

am sure you will soon get used to the new gun although i dont know why you swapped as you were doing ok with the old. :blink:

i see paps is still on the prowl looking over shoulders. lol :ermm:

Edited by beretta

There shouldn't be a ladies class or junior colt or anything else. All of the shooting organisations are always harping on about how shooting is the only sport where everyone regardless of age sex or physical ability can compete on an even playing field and then they seperate everybody.

No movement for me really, my shooting has been really poor over the last 6 months. C class sporting is completely deserved. :ermm: Though I've only shot a few reg rounds in the last 6 months.

B in Sportrap is the same, not having shot any registered at all for ages.

Missed AA in Allround by 0.5 of a point, bit annoying. I guess I should have checked the cut offs and gone out and shot a 2nd round to try and get an 89 to back up the 88.

I might cheer myself up by getting a classification in Skeet, AA looks easy enough. :lol:

Paulos is chirping this morning, being a AA Skeet munky. :P

AA indeed ;) :blink: It is worth noting that I got into that by the skin of my teeth though! 96.6% so bang on the cutoff.

Hard luck on the old All Round Pete, you will get AA next time :no: That means that we can battle it out in A class for a while!

Anyway on the international scene CAT shot a wicked 88 ex 100 at the Belguim Compak this weekend (same as me). So watch this space he is back and getting better all the time. Congrats to Jamie Brightman for being overall high gun on 190 ex 200 and for our ole mate Martin for coming 2nd.

I'm not going to say any more cause it will spoil the report that Cat will be doing later other than we had a fabulous time and can't wait to go there next year.

If someone shoots two compaks over 6 months and they score 83 and 89 why have they been put in AAA with average of 89? I thought that you had to shoot a minimum of three hundred targets to get a classification at that discipline. I may be wrong.

cheryl

Hey up Cat,

You've got someone else making excuses for you now. Perhaps you should have had a practise with the fairground guns as well, mind you, you are **** with a rifle aren't you?

Hey up Cat,

You've got someone else making excuses for you now. Perhaps you should have had a practise with the fairground guns as well, mind you, you are **** with a rifle aren't you?

Hey up MC,

I'm not making excuses for Cat he can do that himself he has been reading the GD book of excuses just for a laugh, I was just pointing out the obvious. As for the rifle shooting at the fair ground yes Cat wasn't very good but his advanced driving boaded him well on the dodgem cars and he can't be good at everything now can he. Wicked weekend.

Cheryl,

We are all well aware of Cat's ability to make up excuses, I am sure you have heard most of them. After all the weather can make a shoot much harder on the day he shoots.

He reckons I wrote the book of excuses but he seems to know far too many off by heart.

Still never mind he has got a shiny new gun to get used to. And a fake tan to top up.

Now, steady on, even I don't have a book of excuses anywhere near as big as MC's, I think he invented it..!! :blink:

Anyway, methinks there's something wrong with the averages calcs, I agree with Cheryl, the Sportrap figures just don't add up.

No doubt the CPSA will rectify the matter in due course. :ermm:

Cat.

Now, steady on, even I don't have a book of excuses anywhere near as big as MC's, I think he invented it..!! :blink:

Anyway, methinks there's something wrong with the averages calcs, I agree with Cheryl, the Sportrap figures just don't add up.

No doubt the CPSA will rectify the matter in due course. :ermm:

Cat.

The cat is out now so to speak,

The Catmeister is the original excuse user, so much so that the people he shoots with have heard them all. That is why he changes the people he hangs on to every so often so he can go back to using the same old excuses.

You are right about the sportrap classes, for some reason they have put you in AAA. It is not we are not worthy, it is you are not worthy.

THe CPSA will have to admit they are wrong to rectify the matter and that will mean hell freezing over first.

I think that part of working out the average, they drop the lowest score, which would be the 83. That leaves the 89. I searched the CPSA site (though not that thoroughly) and couldn't find the old 300 birds rule, so maybe they've dropped it?

I may be sufficiently bored enough later today to dig through the CPSA booklets and find out what the new (if it is new) procedure for calculating averages.

From Booklet 5.

Looks like a 'new' classification can be obtained by only shooting 100 birds. This explains my Class A in Allround having only shot it once. You can't drop a class unless you've shot 300 birds.

To become a classified shooter, a member must shoot a minimum of 100 Registered targets in

any specific discipline (50 pairs only in Double Rise) during the 12 months prior to 30th April or 31st

October.

A member may only go DOWN a class provided they have a minimum of 300 targets

counting towards their new Adjusted average in any shooting period. Downward movement

will be restricted to only ONE class per 12 month period

Edited by Peter De La Mare

Gawd knows how they got the 89 average.

For Example:- A member shoots 5 x 100 targets in a 12 month period scoring: 75, 65, 89, 76

and 83. Their Raw average would be 77.6%. By removing scores that are 10% below this

average (dependent on the discipline) the result would be: 77.6 minus 7.76 which equals

69.84. Any score of 69 and below will be automatically discarded (in this case the 65). The

remaining scores then show an Adjusted average of 80.75%, which is a truer reflection of

their ability. This member will then appear in the Classification CD with an average of 80.7%

achieved from 400 targets

Gawd knows how they got the 89 average.

Who on earth came up with that?

Surely a true reflection of you ability is the average of your scores? not dropping the bad ones and only taking into account the better ones.

Yes I agree but if you shoot a 62 65 and then have a good day and shoot a 93 you end up with an average of 73.3333% 10% off that and you end up with 66, drop the scores under 66% and you end up in AAA.

Is that a true reflection of your ability? or is it just being penalised because you had one good day?

I see what you're saying. I did mention that the system is clumbsy earlier in the thread, and instances like this aren't dealt with very well with this system.

It's definitely geared to be easy to go up in class, and hard to go down, I'm fairly sure this is to try and reduce sandbagging as much as possible.

Looking at it from the other side, how would you feel if you'd shot a good 68 in class C, and this chap (also in C) has his 'good' day and shoots a 93? It's not going to be a problem if he's in AA or whatever.