Sick dog,

bobbo

my terrier cross breed is believed to have a tumor in its gall blader. she is not well at all , she was over weight excessively but she is becoming alot thinner an is around an okay weight now. she is constantly being sick. she has bein to the vets an they have gave her tablets. after surgery its 50 ; 50 that she will survive she is 9yrs old. any advice i would be very grateful. P070609_10.56.JPGP070609_10.56[02].JPG

Boy, that's a tough one to comment on. I lost one of my dogs to prostate cancer, and the vet did everything he could.... although I think part of it was for me and my wife.

A tumor near the liver, sounds bad. Maybe a second vets opinion?

All I can say is the pup will let you know. Hug her every chance you get.

Good luck.

Its a sad thing mate. I hope your dog recovers :lol:

Sometimes its better to have a dog put down than watch then suffer :( I know its a bad thing to say and hope you don't take offence by me mentioning it :hmm:

I had to have my dog put down when I was younger :( It upsets everyone alot but Id glad we did rather than let her suffer!

My neighbour who raised his dog from a pup as I did also did the same. The dog was very ill so he took it for a walk with his shotty n a shovel :P

A hard choice for him , he really loved that dog :P

I hope it doesn't come to that for you mate :o Your dog's a bute! Best of luck! :lol:

ah. my dad isnt a country type man at all. yes we have a small holding an everything an hes farmed near enough all his life but he would throw every penny he had into little rosie. shes my dog an i only want whats best for her. im afraid she wont recover she is starting to gather yellow in her eyes, jaundice sp ? this is like the gung an bile an waste taking over. shes bein a amazing dog an as a puppy i actually forcefully took her of a man in wrexham by my nans he left her tied to a staircase all day on his block of flats so i too k her with his concent well my nans nuts you see, you wouldnt hesistate to sort out a gang of 30 chavs lol. but she really has bein spoilt biscuits when ever she wants an everything she would never hurt a fly. just about diet really on what she can eat now? i doesnt bother me cleaning up sick an alsorts at 3 in the morning just is it what im feeding her or the tumour making it un controable :hmm:

I'm with you on this one. Your writing is pure and from your heart.

I'm not a vet, but I know that when the gall bladder, hence the liver, is affected, her ability to handle fats in the food would be affected. Of course your vet could tell you more. The weight loss also speaks to that.

Always remember two things.... you've given this dog a great life every day, and there's always another dog out there who needs a master like you.

Pete

Yellow eyes, gums and inner ears in jaundice mate. Very sorry but you don't want a 9 year old dog opend up really, its followed by a month of agony and tablets for them, just not fair IMO.

I am sure you will come to the right decision, and that will be any decision you make cos it sure sounds like you love that dog!

:hmm:

time to let her go mate,i,ve been down that road twice and it hurts but put your feelings aside and do what is best for your friend.my last one had prostrate cancer and it hurt like hell to let him go but it was the right thing to do.if you can afford it get the vet to come out to you.a you can say goodbye in familiar surroundings.nothing anyone says will make you feel better but you have my sympathy.

My heart goes out to you and your beloved dog.

If she is being sick constantly and is in distress then the only kind thing you can do for a faithful friend who has given you 9 years of loyalty and companionship is to have her put down.

It will break your heart but it's the right thing to do.

Charlie

hi guys. rosie is doing well at the moment. shes had more tablets and is a new dog. again. shes not back to normal no way the being sick has thinned out and is very rare now. she still has the yellow in her eyes but it does come an go, she is sleeping alot more. so im guessing theses tablets make her abit light headed. but shes doing good. will let you know how we get on. thanks for the support guys.