Domain name registration

paul1966

i am thinking of starting up a small business and looking at registering a domain name so i can have a business email address that will forward to my personal address, looking around there are loads of companies offering what i want but does anyone have any recommendations?

1and1 are a load of......

If you want to use full DNS settings (which you may want to later on) keep well clear! I have over 100 .uk domains and had to transfer them all as they said I would need to buy a dedicated server from them in order to enable full settings :hmm:

123-reg for .uk domains

namecheap for .coms .nets etc

Edited by tjmoore

Hi,

I have used Easily.co.uk for about the last 8 years to do exactly what you want to do. I can set up specific addresses to go to individual email accounts and everything that is not specifically routed goes to the catch all. I think the limit is about 20 named redirects.

Jon.

not really a recommendation, but look on the BT site

they are now heavily trying to encourage small businesses to use them for email, website hosting, domain hosting etc. they also look to have some decent templated websites that seem quite reasonable to build, etc.

I am looking into it for a couple of ideas I have....

http://business.bt.com/

anyone use them/tried them?

the only downside may be trying to deal with their customer services!!?? although I have generally found it is somewhat better for business customers than home customers. at least they are a big name....

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if you have already registered the domain name you want, but I run a little business on the side that deals in domain registrations, website creation and hosting and email forwarding. It is a fully managed service and really just aimed at basic computer users that run a small business or are self employed. Those customers seem to love the service, but you could be a bit more advanced and want greater flexability, but you might find it of interest.

http://whitegem.co.uk

If not, I use:

www.123-reg.co.uk

Edited by AdamC