decoy on electric wire.

westcountrylance

Is it safe to try and put a decoy on an electrical cable? im guessing it is safe but would be frowned apon due to the principal.

if not, il have to think of somthing else, as the cable is in a good position close to the edge of a corn field, but the actual point of roosting is over a road.

geting the birds to land prior to them reaching the roost spot (and crosing the road meaning i cant shoot) would mean i can shoot them. there are no other trees close by that would do the same job.

any sugestions? i was thinking of taking a large branch in to the corn and resting a decoy on it. to create a false place so to speek.

any advice on geting the decoy (full bodied) to sit on the branch would also be a good help.

:yes:

Is it safe to try and put a decoy on an electrical cable? im guessing it is safe but would be frowned apon due to the principal.

Bear with me a while, i'm just putting in an order for Darwin Award polish for your widow/ girlfriend/ significant other.........

Do you mean an overhead power cable?

Because if so, I think it best you, completely re-think about where to loft your deeks.

Most overhead power cables carry 415 - 100,000 volts. A small hairline crack in the cable insulation (caused by weathering for example) and youre dead meat - no two ways about it. This is what 100,000 volts looks like

I think its also in the airgun code of conduct, to not shoot at power/telecoms lines also.

I love shooting pigeons - but I wouldnt die for them.

Edited by FarmerB

Do you mean an overhead power cable?

Because if so, I think it best you, completely re-think about where to loft your deeks.

Most overhead power cables carry 415 - 100,000 volts. A small hairline crack in the cable insulation (caused by weathering for example) and youre dead meat - no two ways about it. This is what 100,000 volts looks like

I think its also in the airgun code of conduct, to not shoot at power/telecoms lines also.

I love shooting pigeons - but I wouldnt die for them.

Take this guys advice i build powerlines and I'm telling you as well "IT'S NOT A GOOD IDEA!!!"

(Hopefully you were talking about a fence even so it's stupid)

last week i forgot they were on and i touched my leg against the cable.........uummmmmmmmmmm :good:

i once peed on one by accident :good:

wow did you see the smoke coming out of him? unreal!! anyway. daz, i normally get most of the awards round here for doing something stupid and/or dangerous. are you trying to take top spot?? :good:

Just looked at the vid whilst I was laughing my missus come over and I showed her " Your Sick " just carried on laughing thats why she doesnt come shooting with me :yes::whistling:

LOL - my missus thinks its fake!!! Maybe I should get her to touch one so she can see for herself! :whistling: