New permission?!

scotttomo

Near where i work there's a double glazing firm who's yard is overlooked by a big old victorian building. I've noticed, on my way to work, that alot of feral pigeons roost on the building near the glazing firms carpark. So i popped in yesterday to ask about whether they were causing any problems, messing on employees cars and such. So i asked if i could get rid of them using my Superten?!

Now the lad who worked in there said "yes they're s**tting all over the cars" and he's be happy to let me shoot them but when i explained about needing the landowners permission to shoot them, he said their boss only rents the building they work in!!

So my question is,where do I stand with regards to getting the permission? Do I need written permission from the landowner, who rents the building out to this company or would permission from the boss who rents the building from the landowner be suitable/legal?!

Hope someone can help and cheers in advance for any replies

Scott

Edited by scotttomo

Sorry Scott, just seen this. Im sure that as tennant/renting, then you have the right to shoot them :good: Just make sure that the locals are either aware, or cant see what you are doing. You know what they are like round your way :good::P

Looks like I read it wrong then mate, best of luck with it.

Have you got a shooting card you can hand him as you approch him?

I find it seems to help say some things you might forget to mention. It also somehow helps to hand over something to read and suggests that a bit of forethought and professionalism has been employed. This might apply more-so to a businessman.

I have some business card that Ive used with some good results- mostly for Fox and Rabbit control Rimfire - shotguns etc

but for around £20 you can design your own 500 cards- and Bob's yer uncle :yes:

google business cards there are many companies that provide good cheap cards

Just a though

Les :yes:

• 3 weeks later...
Landlord and tenant law imposes the liability for pest control on the tenant, irrespective of whether it is an agricultural, commercial or residential tenancy. Just get written permission.

Baldrick,

is this still the case if all shooting rights are retained by the land owner and is stated as such on the tenant agreement?

Paul

I have some business card that Ive used with some good results- mostly for Fox and Rabbit control Rimfire - shotguns etc

but for around £20 you can design your own 500 cards- and Bob's yer uncle :good:

google business cards there are many companies that provide good cheap cards

Just a though

Les :sly:

Can I suggest Vistaprint for business cards. They do 250 'free' if you pay the P&P.

I have used them for that and rubber stamps and they are good to deal with and cheap!

Hey Apache, just seen your post.

WARNING! I used Vistaprint a couple of years ago and got stung with a recurring payment on my credit card.

Apparently by inadvertently clicking on something on the website I had agreed for them to take £X from my account every month.

I only realised by browsing my statement, if I hadnt had rang them and "had a go" at them Id probably still be paying it now!

Check for small payments going out if you've used this lot!!!

• 3 weeks later...