Gamekeepers

I applied for a £6000 a year + Meals (and all the usual fringe benefits) for a Underkeeper position.

Gamekeepers wage varys mostly upon how much he is expected to get tipped at shoot days.

And, doing the hours that they do - You can work it out at about £0.50 - £2.50 an hour.

Edited by Bleeh

250 a week salary underkeeper

headkeeper on a big estate around 650 less tax

depends on the scale on a massive estate that rears aswell you dont really see asmuch gamekeepering as you would excpect.

Head keeper on 650 a week? That's just short of 34k + vehicle and possibly accomodation-Not bad is it?

Southern England underkeeper £250 take home plus house and 4x4

" " headkeeper £475

Single handed £11,000+

Some head keepers i know manage to buy 3 weeks to Barbados and various new guns, TV's each year so some are doing well for themselves.

Big commercial shoot id expect £8,000+ cash tips a year at least for headkeeper.

The thing is with keepering, the most ive ever seen is £21k + house and car, usually below that.

However, you have to think about what the land holds... ie: Deer and hares etc, as many keepers i know make over £2k a year on selling deer and hares, which adds alittle more.

:lol:

Im on 50p and an apple a week...

• 3 weeks later...

single handed ,

House,

Few perks,

£10.000 per anum

Holidays , 4 weeks a year (to be taken Feb March or April ! )

No summer holidays with the family

NO overtime,(16 hours a day at the busy times )

No weekends away with the missis !

No days off from end of May till Feb 1st

No decent night in the pub (you have to drive first thing every morning )

No respect from the public ! (they all think you are a murdering Ba&&ar* )

No pension

No house at the end of it .

The list goes on and on !

The tips dont come anywhere near to substitute for the overtime you do !

If I have to get a casual in to help me with anything,He gets paid more than I do !

golf course managers were in the same boat but luckily things have improved in the last ten years or so.the top courses like st andrews or any course were the open etc were played payed the poorest wages.there thinking was that you c.v would look impressive with a named club on it and you could get a job anywere.

Holidays , 4 weeks a year (to be taken Feb March or April ! )

No summer holidays with the family

NO overtime,(16 hours a day at the busy times )

No weekends away with the missis !

No days off from end of May till Feb 1st

No decent night in the pub (you have to drive first thing every morning )

No respect from the public ! (they all think you are a murdering Ba&&ar* )

No pension

No house at the end of it .

The list goes on and on !

The tips dont come anywhere near to substitute for the overtime you do !

If I have to get a casual in to help me with anything,He gets paid more than I do !

But you get help from a handsome bunch don't you......... :no::lol::lol::lol::lol: ^_^ :o

• 2 weeks later...

As you probably figured, I know nipper and would say the good points far outway the bad points, plus if you are good at it things are made easier.

And i would think the 20 odd plus years doing it would be a testament to that, plus he's always got a good or funny story.....

I think a book titles "memiors of a murdering ba**r*" or "what ever happened to the mongolian rat-faced frog" would make a good read....and make money... :hmm:;)

Gixer.

Edited by gixer1

I could never understand someone working for poor money, just because it's easy or it has it's perks.

I had a mate who worked as a lorry driver, he took a pay cut so he could have a big shiny truck.

I only work for money, I give my family the best standard of living I can afford. I am not saying either is right or wrong but surely you can't survive on less than £20k a year???

Phil