Big Moose

M ROBSON

And a cunning use of perspective makes it look even bigger - note that the back end of the Moose is out of focus whilst the hunter is sharp - meaning that they were at different distances. The guy could have been well back from the Moose making him look small in comparison.

All the same it was a good kill.

Wouldnt want to meet one of those in rutting season with me trousers down!

B

If you go to the site there are two moose pictures, one summer and one winter,my earlier comments were for the summer pic. The winter pic is a very fine animal with a definate world class rack.

Pike yes they do get that big. The animal in the pic is known as an Alaskan moose which is the largest of the sub species.

Many moose have died to the 30-06,.303, 7mm, 8mm and 6.5 x 55. Alot of people feel that the 6.5 is too light but I have never had a problem with it. Place the bullet where it needs to go and use you judgement when picking shots and it will kill moose just fine. As an ex millitary man said to me once when looking at other rifles how dead do you want it to be?