What would you do

Harrys Bird

Id say its a NO NO. Also by the sounds of the gamekeeper I wouldnt, just picture shooting a pheasant with a .22... wounding it which then is picked up by the keeper.... From being a keeper myself I know for a fact that every dead pheasant found laying about gets a post mortem.

You do the math.

Alex

spoke to farmer and he said its his land and if wild rabbits & pheasants come onto it i can shoot away at them :yes:

and he also said as for the gamekeeper he has no right to come onto his land to speak to me about shooting pheasants that might have come over from his estate

as birds have been around his land for years :lol:

looks good for getting a bird or two for the xmas table :lol:

think you would have more chance of wounding a pheasant with a shotgun than a .22lr :no:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your taking a bird for the pot, well isnt this what shooting is all about.

The best reason anyone could give for shooting something is -----------------"i am going to eat it"

I am afraid in my eyes that beats shooting a fox it because it knicked a chicken, or i shot a Deer because it was a good trophy,

If the keeper cant keep "his" pheasants on "his" estate then its tuff, and a matter of fact.

Can I just throw a spanner in the works here....

As far as I am aware, it is illegal to take a bird with a firearm that is capable of holding more than 2 rounds in the magazine.

correct :good:

I don't think many seem worried on this thread about whats legal or right ;)

think everyone wants to stay legal, not sure what you mean by right though :hmm: