dropped me gun

Martin2

on a recent trip i did not zip my gun slip up properly it slid out and has scratched the barrel any ideas how to repair it

I would say going by your scores last weekend at Essex SG it's done you the world of good...leave as it is :hmm:

Ile be getting my revenge this week though!

J

Mines covered on my house insurance,as sporting goods away from the home,its covered for theft and damage.

Check yours to see.

i always carry the gun barrel down ,stock up,when in the gun slip.so if the zip goes wrong you dont drop it.

Wont cost too much to sort !(guess) :hmm:

cheers scott

true, but then again my car is just a mode of transport but it ****s me off no end when someone scratches it!

if I scratched my truck i can't say id worry about it either its going to happen if you take it off road sooner or later. life it seems to me is full of bumps and scratches. i guess if i had a collectible gun or car or a status symbol type thing id feel differently but each to his own i'm sure

In my opinion, you're the tool if you think that! My gun is my life! It being scratched can seriously damage its quality and aim. The idea that a gun would just be a tool is preposterous. a gun is not a tool, it is a way of life.

really ?

Whilst I can see that scratches and dings are annoying and can reduce the look of a gun, I wouldnt go as far as to say it will affect aim.

Mind you, I cant hit **** with my gun, and it has some blemishes to the woodwork, so there may be something in your post after all

Take it to a decent gunsmith and get a quote for reblacking the barrels. There's no point trying to bodge a refinishing job yourself.

Martin the above quote is the best piece of advice given on this thread :hmm:

If you want a proper repair done then take the gun to someone who knows their job.

The October issue of Sporting Gun carries an article on barrel reblacking.

If you can find a copy the article will explain the work that needs to be carried out to ensure a satisfactory result.

And the cost? Around £185.00.

All the best, Rob.

it will effect how long the gun lasts,and will pea you off every time you look at it.

But will make no difference to the way it aims,unless you bent the thing,but if you did you should not be firing it anyway.

As for tools- i brought my 391 as a tool,but i do look after it,i want it to last.

look at this:

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...ic=97861&hl=

hope it helps.

cheers scott

a scratched gun be it on the wood work or barrels would p me off and i think if my guns are clean and tidy i do shoot better not so slap dash a bit more pride if you like...

my mate lucky-shot has cought his barrel on wire true it does not effct the gun its just a kick in the wotsits making a new gun look poop

Edited by BSA-airgunner

if it was mine id not worry about it for me a gun is a tool

UK Gunroom has a second hand one:

Beretta Shotgun

682 Gold E Sporter £1,695

Nice tool. If I was fortunate enough to own one and I scratched it, I'd go out and hire a big thug to beat the **** out of me for an hour or two!

"Not worry about it" :unsure:

In my opinion, you're the tool if you think that! My gun is my life! It being scratched can seriously damage its quality and aim. The idea that a gun would just be a tool is preposterous. a gun is not a tool, it is a way of life.

shooting is a way of life. guns are tools to assist that life. :unsure:

i take it youve never had a mossberg then. those are s+m shotguns if there ever was one, no matter what you do to them they just scream "is that all youve got you poof?!" and beg for more. in fact i think they thrive on being beaten black and silver :hmm: