All round .223

TheHunter

Sorry for another "Which one" type topic but your opinions and help are really useful.

I want a .223 which can do a lot of rounds at the range but still cut the mustard on a Munty\Fox outing. A barrel which is bang on with the first round AND holds a group when the barrel is hot.

Who makes the ultimate .223?

Thanks for your help.

TheHunter

Edited by TheHunter

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:good::good::oops:

who makes it and how much!!! :good:

steyr tactical elite and how much!!! is exactly what you'd say if i told you :good:

<_<

just looked on guntrader, very nice and not too bad (tho no tactical elites, scouts and hunters). might be tempted to go for one instead of a remmy 700.... <_<

Edited by babbyc1000

:good:

just looked on guntrader, very nice and not too bad (tho no tactical elites, scouts and hunters). might be tempted to go for one instead of a remmy 700.... :good:

mungler sold one recently cheap as chips and he's been crying ever since ??? not for the money mind(he's loaded) but he cant find anything better :D

Howa Varminter Supreme gets my vote. Well engineered and a barrel that can cope with throwing rounds down the range. The laminate stock is more of a shooting platform and is rock steady. Superb but underestimated bit of kit that's starting to get the recognition it deserves.

How odd that Mungler didn't recommend a Steyr...

Tikka or Sako for me.

nor a Howa :hmm:

Seriously though the Scout's a good rifle - very accurate but daftly heavy with a moderator on. No good for farm work. Also too expensive to be used "fully" - you will be too worried about getting it scratched or muddy etc.

Howa seems to do what it says.... jury still out.

CZ and Tikka rock and roll out of the box with no f-ing about.

Should a, could a, would a...... as they say