Importing Bullets from the States

Well as I've had a few people querying progress here is an update, 200 sierra bullets delivered in approx a week for the sum total of £37 so nearly half the price of my local shop at the moment and I got exactly what I wanted. Declared with a low value and as a gift got through no customs charges etc I can definitely recommend Cliffs Gunsmithing

Well as I've had a few people querying progress here is an update, 200 sierra bullets delivered in approx a week for the sum total of £37 so nearly half the price of my local shop at the moment and I got exactly what I wanted. Declared with a low value and as a gift got through no customs charges etc I can definitely recommend Cliffs Gunsmithing

wheres these expanding

I just had 200 factory 6.5 Hornady rounds bought for me.

They worked out at 20 Euro a box, the same would have been £30+ here.

I support my local gun shops where I can, but at their prices/availability I would have to limit my shooting.

exactly I'd like to support my local shop but last enquiry about bullets for reloading they were £40 a hundred, I ordered in a £1400 gun and they couldn't manage to call me when it was in. Then missed the fact it wasn't screwcut, then took a month to get it cut without managing to phone me once to say why the weeks turn around time turned into two then three and then the month. At that point I realised I couldn't give a fig if they went out of business

exactly I'd like to support my local shop but last enquiry about bullets for reloading they were £40 a hundred, I ordered in a £1400 gun and they couldn't manage to call me when it was in. Then missed the fact it wasn't screwcut, then took a month to get it cut without managing to phone me once to say why the weeks turn around time turned into two then three and then the month. At that point I realised I couldn't give a fig if they went out of business

And if you called them up, they would say "times are hard, business isn't a good as it used to be" :rolleyes:

And if you called them up, they would say "times are hard, business isn't a good as it used to be" :rolleyes:

exactly they just don't get the idea that to do well they need to be friendly to everyone that comes in, price reasonably and be efficient. Its not much to ask in this day and age, a lot are pricing themselves out of customers reach especially bearing in mind how good some internet companies are.

exactly they just don't get the idea that to do well they need to be friendly to everyone that comes in, price reasonably and be efficient.

In one...the impression I get in most gunshops (not all) is they think they are doing you a favour, & have an attitude of take it or leave it, you cannot get it anywhere else sketch. :yes:

Just out of interest, what did they charge for shipping? Just trying to compare with Norman Clark..

175gn .308 SMKs are $35 (£22) plus shipping, NC are £29 and I can collect, so all comes down to the shipping!

14$ for up to 4lbs he is a small shop and helpful but slightly slow to respond to e-mails so can be slightly off putting but you get there in the end. In your case not sure its worth it but worth asking what his postage is for a heavier consignment

14$ for up to 4lbs he is a small shop and helpful but slightly slow to respond to e-mails so can be slightly off putting but you get there in the end. In your case not sure its worth it but worth asking what his postage is for a heavier consignment

Cheers... May be worth it if he can ship 500 at reasonable cost. Would save £50 straight up on that deal but that would be eroded with postage, and I'd have to factor in duty etc for a parcel that weight!

Edited by Vipa