Clay shoots in Norfolk.

M.K.B.

Have to say Alan at fair clays is a cracking place to go for all levels of shooters.

Me and a few mates have been to him before, and had a cracking days sporting targets.

Very friendly atmosphere, and very helpful too. He runs his shoots really well, no bother with traps etc.

As busy as he had been keeping things running smoothly, he still had time to come round and help some of us out, we

all managed to hit all the targets with his help.

I must confess i enjoyed it that much along with my mates, i asked if he could book a party of us for

a days clays for my 40th.

We all vary in our levels of shooting, but the targets our always respectable ie you wont leave feeling you embarrassed

yourself. Most importantly we always leave having thouroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Roll on the big day, we our all chomping at the bit.

A very good place to start and learn, just ask if your struggling and he is more than happy to help, Top Bloke :good: :good: :good:

And no im not related or anything like that just a very satisfied group of customers.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! Thanks for the response people, I really appreciate your advice. Looks like there are plenty of shoots to try and now can't wait to get back into it!. Will definitely give fair clays a visit and maybe if I can get my eye in again give the PW summer flush a go (providing I can get the day off work!) thanks again and hope to meet some,if not all of you in the near future. Cheers, Mick.

Wow! Thanks for the response people, I really appreciate your advice. Looks like there are plenty of shoots to try and now can't wait to get back into it!. Will definitely give fair clays a visit and maybe if I can get my eye in again give the PW summer flush a go (providing I can get the day off work!) thanks again and hope to meet some,if not all of you in the near future. Cheers, Mick.

You're very welcome Mick - the PW forum is a great source of information and you'll enjoy putting faces to names as you get back into a great sport. Try to get to the flush in July - it's an awesome day out and no mistake :yes:

Are you connected to/with Churchills ? ???

I only ask seeing as you felt the need to describe some of Fairclays targets as "nasty"

I'm not greatly experienced, having only been scaring clays once or twice a month since last May, but you can go anywhere and find targets with varying degrees of difficulty or challenge, Surely it's that same challenge that helps you learn & improve ?

To the Original Poster,

As you can see there's a fair consensus of opinion as to the value for money of the shoots laid on by Fairclay Targets, Always a great selection, a good crowd of folks especially on the PW days, many of whom attend from as far afield as Hertfordshire, Essex, even Kent.

no, no not at all connected to Churchills, I go to both shoots to be fair

Sorry, reading my post back now i can see my choice of language was poor.

Alan's shoot is awesome and when I say 'nasty' I actually mean challenging, and more a case of me shooting like a muppet than anything else. The good thing with Alan's shoot is (as someone else has pointed out) he is always on hand to help you out if you need him.

He did a charity shoot at Stradsett as well which i think is an annual thing which was also really good fun.

Rickies at decoy road , ormesby st micheal just north of Gt Yarmouth, sporting and skeet every Tuesday night from 6 and Saturday from 2pm, sporting £2.00 per 10 clays skeet £5.00 per round

Turn off A149 into decoy road, where the road forks keep straigh on, couple of sharp turns then gate with straight track on right, end of track is rickies

Rickies at decoy road , ormesby st micheal just north of Gt Yarmouth, sporting and skeet every Tuesday night from 6 and Saturday from 2pm, sporting £2.00 per 10 clays skeet £5.00 per round

Turn off A149 into decoy road, where the road forks keep straigh on, couple of sharp turns then gate with straight track on right, end of track is rickies

Thanks,

Remember shooting there years ago. Nice and close, will give it a go.

Cheers

Mick