The ole hedge creeper

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not hold a grudge and yes I know him.

I am trying to stop people falling into the same trap I did. He talks his way into to things.

He came into my gunsmiths workshop, my workshop is very small on 12x10 feet. There is only enough room for one to work in it. He turns up one day and will not leave. Goodbye I told him. "I'm helping you today" he told me. No you are not and I throw the guy out.

Then the phone when. Gunshop warehouse, one I do not deal with, "can we have a copy of your RFD, Mr [the creeper] who works for you has order a couple of guns"

I said not and when they asked what they are to do with the guns I told them I know nothing about it and [the creeper] does not work for me.

A week later he [the creeper] came into the workshop, "Have my guns turned up"

No, what guns.

"I've order two guns they need your RFD"

what guns?

"I've ordered two guns I've sold and to get them they need to go to an RFD, as I work for you and I'm on your RFD"

You do not work for me and you are not on my RFD.

I could write a book on this guy as big as War and Peace.

Edited by gunsmoke

I am trying to stop people falling into the same trap I did. He talks his way into to things.

He came into my gunsmiths workshop, my workshop is very small on 12x10 feet. There is only enough room for one to work in it. He turns up one day and will not leave. Goodbye I told him. "I'm helping you today" he told me. No you are not and I throw the guy out.

Then the phone when. Gunshop warehouse, one I do not deal with, "can we have a copy of your RFD, Mr [the creeper] who works for you has order a couple of guns"

I said not and when they asked what they are to do with the guns I told them I know nothing about it and [the creeper] does not work for me.

A week later he [the creeper] can into the workshop, "Have my guns turned up"

No, what guns.

what guns?

"I've ordered two guns I've sold and to get them they need to go to an RFD, as I work for you and I'm on your RFD"

well from reading that, you are totally within your rights to have an issue with rob.

i cant say that he's said or done anything to me that has been anything less than nice. but i will keep your experience on hand and make sure i stay ahead of the game.

does anyone else who has bashed him on this thread have a genuine reason for it? or are they all just jumping on the band wagon?

would be interested to know....

No, what guns.

what guns?

If true (and I'm not doubting you) that sounds very odd indeed.

No, what guns.

what guns?

I must admit that story does make him sound plain weird, why would he even think that?

I have no knowledge of the gentleman in question, but some of the comments, to me portray a worrisome pattern of behaviour in someone who has access to firearms and would warrant further investigation by the relevant licensing authorities to ascertain if the individual is just a bit quirky or if something more sinister is going on!

Regards

Such as?

Gunsmoke did you report him for attempting to use your RFD?

I was talking to firearms officer at the time. He was running a Young Shoots day.

I asked if he had a section 11 for the day to run the clay shoot. Section 11 allowed none certificate holders to shoot. He did not have one but the day when ahead and the clay shooting to. The guy running the clay shoot was a Police office. You cann't make this up.

So when the Firearms Officer looked into it, the local police report back. NO action taken. Why I do not know.

I understand that the same police officer was in the team of six guns that got thrown off the farm pigeon decoying without permission. I wonder if thats why they do not do anything?

I've been reading this topic with interest...

If this creeper guy is signing in at the job center how is it that at the game fairs he's dressed up to the hilt in tweed?? Or drives a 4x4 or has a few decent air rifles and all these dogs... I'm not doubting that he signs on or anything.. Could it be that all this "pass it on sponsorship" is not reaching the intended people and only going as far as his pockets?? Somthing is not all true about this situation/charity/what ever it is...

:good:

From the comments on here he does seem to have a belief in his promoted image. I'm surprised he isn't a member of PW, would be interesting to have his viewpoint.

I'm sure he will have been at some point, one of his gang was on here, the Grugg or somthing he was called but got outed for being a bit nuts if I remember... Zero knowledge but loved to talk the talk...

I've been reading this topic with interest...

If this creeper guy is signing in at the job center how is it that at the game fairs he's dressed up to the hilt in tweed?? Or drives a 4x4 or has a few decent air rifles and all these dogs... I'm not doubting that he signs on or anything.. Could it be that all this "pass it on sponsorship" is not reaching the intended people and only going as far as his pockets?? Somthing is not all true about this situation/charity/what ever it is...

I do not know where the money comes from. he has two 4x4's, a trooper and an old land rover.

As to where things come for one story I was told last year was that he goes around the stall holder at country show asking for donations. I meet the trader on a boat going to the Irish Game Fair, he told me, he gave him a real tree coat, the next time he saw the coat was on Fieldsports TV in the pigeon hide with his thumb over the barrel.

The Pantomime session is here and in good Panto style we have our very own pigeon watch pantomime.

THE DECOY PANTO!

Cast

The Creeper as the wicked witch of the east

Phillip as the good witch of the west

Gunsmoke as himself.

Our story starts in a small workshop run by Gunsmoke and people come in and out all day.

One day on a Monday morning, on a very cold day in later February Phillip also know as Phil comes into the workshop of Gunsmoke. Phil acts as shoot captain for a small group of pigeon shooters which includes Gunsmoke.

Phil “gunsmoke we have lots of pigeons back on the rape fields, we are going out on Saturday and all six of us are going out.” “are you free”

Gunsmoke “Yes I’ll be there.”

On the Tuesday the wicked witch of the east comes into the workshop.

The Creeper “Gunsmoke, the club has new ground to shoot on, hundreds of pigeons eating the farmers rape, this will be good for one of your articles for Countryman’s Weekly, I’ll let you know later in the week.

Gunsmoke, “I’ve been asked to go out on Saturday but if it falls through then I would love to”

Wednesday morning Phil the very good witch of the west, comes into the workshop. He has a piece of paper in his hand.

Phil “look at this,”

Phil shows gunsmoke a copy of screen print out of a facebook page.

Phil “Look the wicked witch of the east is up to his old tricks again”

Phil read what was on the facebook posted by the Creeper.

Phil “The club boys have there work cut out on Saturday, we have new ground to shoot over and the pigeons are eating all the rape, the club boys are going to have fun on Saturday”.

Gunsmoke “ he invited me out decoy on Saturday, the creeper as invited me to shoot on my own ground”

Phil “what did he tell you”

Gunsmoke “he said that a farmer had no one shooting the ground and had pigeon eating all the rape and that the club now had the shooing on the ground.”

Phil “the little ****, he’s been going around to all the people he thinks can give him the shooting on our ground, he’s been to the land owner, the land agent, the tenant farmer and the contractor. Telling each one that he has been ask to shoot the pigeons on the rape fields by the other and they said its alright, if its OK with you”.

Phil “ I have six guns out on Saturday I have not got room for six or eight more. I have given the Creeper one hide in the field below the church.”

On the Thursday the wicked witch of the east The Creeper, comes back into Gunsmoke’s workshop.

The creeper “its set, we have 6 or 8 guys out and we are going to shoot the hell out of these pigeons."

Gunsmoke “I’m sorry, I’ve been invited out to another shoot and I’m going there on Saturday.

The Creeper “You’re going to miss a great day out.”

Its now Friday morning and gunsmoke is working away in his little workshop, when the phone goes and it’s the good witch for the west Phillip on the other end.

Gunsmoke “Yes phil”

Phil “the little xxx xxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxx”

All the words started with F and C and there was a lot of the C words and F words. When Phil had stopped swearing and gunsmoke started to make sense of what he was saying.

Phil “the Creeper phoned must now, talking to me like I was his best mate, he asked if we where still on for tomorrow and I told him that he could have one hide down by the church, Oh he says, as its so big, I’m bringing a couple of friends, hope that’s OK. I asked him how many. Only six and the pro-pigeon shooter Gunsmoke is coming out to he’s going to write an article for Countryman’s Weekly”

Phil “I told him he had not right to invite anyone and we have now not got the room for you, I have to many people out”

Gunsmoke “the little xxxx inviting me to shoot my own ground.”

On the Saturday morning Gunsmoke got to the shoot at 8 O’clock in the morning, meet up with Phil and the team and when out to set up on the west side of the lane below the allotments.

Phil and the team of four guys when off and set up from the lane to the church on the far side of the farm. The rape had been eating and was low on the ground. The weather was cold and very wet with rain forecasted for later in to day.

Gunsmoke set up his decoys shoot for six hour with very little luck. Only four pigeons in the bag but he did write the Train Spotting article for Countryman’s Weekly.

When the rain came in Gunsmoke backed up and when home. Sat down with a big mug of tea and the phone rang, it was Phil.

Phil “how did to get on”

Gunsmoke “only four they did not want to play today”

Phil “We didn’t do any better a couple of shoots and they all flew off. Have you seen what the little xxxx the Creeper has posted on facebook, he said no one was shooting the ground on Staurday and the farmer has told the pest controller that if he does not shoot the pigeons they are going to have to let the professionals do it.”

Gunsmoke “lets have a look at facebook”

Opening up the laptop and going onto the facebook page Gunsmoke finds the posts on the Creeper facebook page. Gunsmoke types under the creepers post that he is miss leading the read and that he shoot the ground for six hour on Saturday morning.

Gunsmoke has not spoken to the Creeper for that day to this.

You many think that this is a fair tale and there is no wicked witch of the east and no good witch of the west. But this is not a tale, it is all true. Only the names have been changed.

Im glad im about 200 miles away, I wouldnt want him on my boundry! He writes for the countrymans diary doesnt he? I think I remember him writing about big cats I know a few people who have claimed to see one once, although he sees them regularly even 10yards away snarling at his dog! His articals are quite clearly ******** I wouldnt be surprised if in his next artical he goes wildfowling and ends up arm wrestling bigfoot! No doubt the ole hedge creeper will win as he's been armwrestling bigfoots since a boy I telle muckers

Im glad im about 200 miles away, I wouldnt want him on my boundry! He writes for the countrymans diary doesnt he? I think I remember him writing about big cats I know a few people who have claimed to see one once, although he sees them regularly even 10yards away snarling at his dog! His articals are quite clearly bulls*#t I wouldnt be surprised if in his next artical he goes wildfowling and ends up arm wrestling bigfoot! No doubt the ole hedge creeper will win as he's been armwrestling bigfoots since a boy I telle muckers

Love it :lol::yahoo::good: