ear defence

diddy

Take it from one who is nearing 70 and shot for many years without ear defence, YOU WILL NOT LIKE BEING DEAF. If your hearing is OK now, buy the Emtech moulded ear plugs. Mine are nearly 20 years old and still perfect, unlike my 4 years old Cens.

Not get in the way as such but sitting in a hide for 5 hours with a massive set of ear defenders on sweating isn't pleasant so looking for some that physically go in the ears as oppose to sitting on top of the head and over the ear.

I really like the cens but were out of my price range (I know you can't put a price on your hearing) in the end I went for some pro shocks while I was at the avalon open day last year. Can not fault them can wear them all day and not know they are there. I believe their website is www.proshock.co.uk

Reactaear (passive) from ultimate hearing similar price to cens

But, and just my personal experience by far better customer service and attitude compared to cens, I found them down right rude and unhelpful,and then they lost my impressions costing me another £40

Take it from one who is nearing 70 and shot for many years without ear defence, YOU WILL NOT LIKE BEING DEAF. If your hearing is OK now, buy the Emtech moulded ear plugs. Mine are nearly 20 years old and still perfect, unlike my 4 years old Cens.

I am 61, have used a 12 bore since 11, so 50 years. I shot without hearing protection for about the first 10 years. Am now 60% deaf in one ear and 35% in the other, not funny.

Anything is better than being deaf.

A