Remington 700 Setup

Clc0608

Only put a few rounds through her but I'm already in love. First time I've put the 6-24 on and it looks a lot more at home than the 1-4 I did have, can't wait to stretch her legs next week at a 1000 yards. For those interested she's a Remington 700 SPS Varmint .308 with a Vortex Viper PTS 6-24x50 scope and 6-9 Harris bipod.

32dbAV5.jpg

RFcUTgI.jpg

3ymukaF.jpg

ad0moEU.jpg

smY4BiR.jpg

Thanks to those who have pointed out the scope and scope mount. Simple answer, blame Riflecraft. I ordered a pair of much more suitable rings around the 2nd or 3rd of March in anticipation of buying this scope, the money was taken via Paypal and due to their stated 15 work day postage it wasn't until a few days ago that I phoned to enquire why I still didn't have them. They were out of stock. For some reason their system didn't flag this up and allowed my order to just sit there. I've been told that they'll be another week hopefully, but after buying the scope last weekend it's been killing me to get it mounted and actually see it on the rifle so until the new rings arrive I'm stuck with this. The shame is I'm about to spend the week at Bisley, I guess I'll just have to put up with a bad neck.