Started stock

winnie&bezza

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all kind words and I'll be straight. I've never made a stock before and literally making up how to do it as I go along.I am working from pics of a fellow called Geordie who makes stocks and post pics on air arms owners forum so I'm just copying him. I'm no expert and am just a carpenter that fancied making one in my limited spare time. Well oowee I just routered out the action housing from measurements of my old s400 beech stock and then worked from there. I drew round the inside of the trigger guard of the gun and routered it out free hand and kept plunging till it went all the way through. Thumbhole I routered out free hand again and went by the pics online to get the rough position and just kept feeling it til it was where I wanted it to be. A lot of free hand routering for most of it and I bought some Japanese carving files which are brilliant and are making shaping really easy. Orders!! Blimey wasn't even thinking of that and I've still got to learn more til I ask people for money and am confident enough. Cheers.

Edited by winnie&bezza

That would be a kind offer and thanks but no worries. I might as well just use the walnut then. When you see the bottom of grips and some have that black 3-4mm cap at the bottom and then maybe a white line as well, has that just been stained with black and white? So maybe I should just stain a strip at the bottom.