Snaring review Scotland

Our local paper reports that the Scottish Government is currently reviewing the law regarding snaring. Local SNP MSP Christine Graham chairs the cross party committee in this issue and states (quote) There is no place for such cruelty in a modern Sctland, and I'm proud to support the League Against Cruel Sports and One Kind's call for a complete ban. Certainly not a neutral chairperson and willing to support a dubious organisation.

Blackpowder

Be intresting to see wot SGA, Basc and GWCT have to say about that.

And considering snares are no longer intened to kill, really not that much difference to leavng ur dog tethered on a chain

Is she the local MSP for the borders? Quite a rural/sporting area to have a numpty like that as its msp, expect it more coming from a urban area.

A biased SNP MSP?

Anti countrysports??

Have Fleet Street been informed?

Nope. Part of the big plan

....the Forth Reich know best....

Nothing to see....move along

Short memories can be dangerous.

Everything Stalin did was 100% legal under then current laws.

Be intresting to see wot SGA, Basc and GWCT have to say about that.

And considering snares are no longer intened to kill, really not that much difference to leavng ur dog tethered on a chain

Is she the local MSP for the borders? Quite a rural/sporting area to have a numpty like that as its msp, expect it more coming from a urban area.

Kind of lost tracks of the blighters there seems to be so many of them. I think this particular example hails from around the Hawick area..

Matone good point there.

Blackpowder

A biased SNP MSP? ....the Forth Reich know best....

Some folk used to reckon that the previous fishy first minister would never be satisfied until he was installed as life-president of the Marxist Republic of Scotland, although I couldn't possibly comment.

Hopefully the fanatics in the Scottish Nationalisation Party (presumably that is what the letters stand for) can be restrained, and at least some portion of Scotland's countryside will still be available for shooting and fishing in the future.

Unfortunately they'll go with the majority's feelings on this, as that's where the votes are. And the majority will be bunny hugging townys.

You're doomed :yes:

But to be honest i don't think the majority really are that far in the bunny hugging camp.

Our orgs should be fighting harder to get more time on likes of spring/disney watch etc and correct them more often. I think most are on fence or not really bothered but open to the right info, this constant barage of misinformation/untruths from anti's and even some mainstream conservationists/academics

I've just got sky tv in for the 1st time in my ljfe andf quite enjoying some of these alaskan type programmes where they're subsitiance hunting, they generally show a lot of respect for animal and u see the whole lot getting in and butchering it etc.

See the whole thing from field to plate

To be honest it would be very hypocritcal for SNH to say much, the way they treat deer and red deer in paticular is ******* shocking, if a private estate done anything like that they'd be hung out to dry and ripped to shreds by tabloids,

The JMT are even worse the way they behave, last year they shot 48? stags and left them all on the hill to rot.

Absolutely scandalous, say wot u want about trophy hunting/toffs but atleast animal is respected and meat, skin trophy all used bringing in a lot of cash

Edited by scotslad

You're probably right about the majority not being bunny huggers, trouble is they're not really "anything" so they'll go with what's subliminally pushed at them, and we all know what that's going to be. The snp will push their own agenda, the great unwashed will suck it up, snp get their way.

You're doomed.

You're probably right about the majority not being bunny huggers, trouble is they're not really "anything" so they'll go with what's subliminally pushed at them, and we all know what that's going to be. The snp will push their own agenda, the great unwashed will suck it up, snp get their way.

You're doomed.

Meant to add the big problem is the vast majority will sit silently, whereas the very vocal minority make a hell of a racket, possibly not helped by shooters themselves starting to hide it out of sight, which i can understand why, but just means problems wil only get worse.

Just incase some south of border don't know but we already have to go on a course and then register with the polis before we can set a snare and then every snare must be tagged with ur special ID no and ur meant to keep a log book of where every snare is and when checked and if caught or pulled.

They actually advise u should be gps'ing ur snares if possible