old relic

oowee

[quote name="gaffertoo" post="

Well it's out now ,it's takes an old guffer like me to get the thing out ,if you know how it's very simple to do ,after thinking about last night I made tool up this morning and out she came no bother at all.

Sorry the photo will not up load ,Ed will do it later after church ,he's going to be there some time in the booth with the father ,well you know what he's like,he's a bad boy that one

Edited by gaffertoo

have a look at this thread, if you have serial number it may tell you the model, some were ladies models and a quick look on the web from a couple of forums suggest the ladies model made around 8-10 ftlb and the gents longer model up to 11 ftlb. but cannot confirm exactly as not from bsa itself. interesting thread.

atb

7diaw

https://bsamuseum.wordpress.com/page-6/

I picked up a similar one made by bsa,it was an improved model d ladies model,the cocking lever was differant to yours,apart from that they are the same,condition wise it was totaliy devoid of any bluing,the wood work was good and it shot fine,i found out it was made in in 1914,but did not leave the factory till 1917,paid a tenner for it had it about six months then sold it for 100 quid,in a way i feel i should have kept it,its a piece of history,hope to see it restored to its former glory.