Project next week

la bala

Hopefully this time tomorrow i will know one way or the John but remember in a forge its not all about how hard it blows, its the oxygen thats feeds a fire.

If you were closer I would let you borrow one of those fans, I have a handful of them on the shelf after a project. I ought to put them in the sales topic really.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put the reducer together, it fitted the fan fine. Wired the fan up and gave it a whirl, well it wouldnt part two mating gnats :lol::lol: you was right John R. Never mind i am twelve quid out of pocket on that one. Welded the Tue-Iron in and started a bit of seam welding, and have now noticed i am nearly out of argo mix, happy days :lol: . Pics all over again, will get the hang of it sometime :/

post-52836-0-17230300-1473002682_thumb.jpg

post-52836-0-89778700-1473002694_thumb.jpg

post-52836-0-70627400-1473002709_thumb.jpg

post-52836-0-92494000-1473002759_thumb.jpg

post-52836-0-14590000-1473002776_thumb.jpg

Edited by la bala

What about a vacuum cleaner with a blower function like this one from Wickes, probably be a cheaper one out there somewhere

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Wet+Dry-Vacuum-with-Blower/p/215735

Will keep that in mind bud, athough i have sourced a forge blower which i am considering, mind you i may have to get another two months pension in the bank :lol::lol:

Well after tomorrow i may be on stop for a while, until i decide what i am doing about a forge blower. Today i have been seam welding it up as it was only tacked together. One job i have to do tomorrow is fill the water Bosh and check for leaks, i may just put a drain plug in the bottom of the tank. I have calculated that the Bosh will hold close on 10 gallons of water. Expenditure so far leaving out consumables, 12 quid wasted on an extractor fan that wouldnt double up as a blower, and 10 quid for a couple of pieces metal i hadnt got. Hopefully the next pic i put on will be of the hearth at full forging heat.

post-52836-0-09061700-1473107417_thumb.jpg

post-52836-0-58729000-1473107427_thumb.jpg

nope...........not with you yet............. :hmm:

My son in law has just had a large workshop built Simon, he runs a bit of plant and you know there is always something needs straightening. He asked if i would make him one, he dont know it yet but he will be financing the blower. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Still havnt got a blower sorted yet. Got my air slide fitted today. The reason i have made the air slide is to keep the job as cheap as possible, An air slide enables you to regulate the air flow going to the forge hearth, too much air and you will melt your metal and waste fuel, too little air and you wont get to forgeing heat. I have positioned the slide so it is operated by my foot. Air is usually regulated on forges by a speed control wired in to the blower, but hey thats another 90 quid :lol:

post-52836-0-65496100-1474489353_thumb.jpg

post-52836-0-05221400-1474489364_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...