u2 -werent they great!

unapalomablanca

Just been reminiscing some earlyish u2, Unforgettable fire and The joshua tree. I forgot it was so great and uplifting. Ive seen them 3 times but my favourite was in '87 at wembley when they were still raw. I try but i just dont 'get' todays artists. Heard a james blunt song the other day and it was like a mix of two old 70's tunes!

I was more of a Simple Minds man myself...

Simple Minds are my favourite band of all time and believe it or not they are still Awesome live!!

U2 were and still are good!I particularly like 'The Joshua Tree' album and 'The Unforgettable Fire'. And 'Achtung Baby'!The 'Pop' and 'Zooropa' albums were utter nonsense!!

ive hated bono ever since he did a cover of "thou auld triangle" oh my lord he killed that song!!

and then at ronnie drews fairwell song what the ****! i mean realy that man has about as much tallent as my dad! i dearly hope he lands up as an x factor judge so we can all hate him for more reasons :D

Edited by highseas

who do you like? Aled jones i expect....Wan...g in the air! :lol:

Im afraid Psuedo Glam rock revival bands like U2 dont do much for me too politically orientated. How can you take the lead seriusly when his name is a anagram of NOBO...I collect Motown labels generally but was keen on Joy Division, Talking Heads and the only proper British Rock band the WHo....

Edited by Fisherman Mike

Used to think they were OK (ish).

He's convinced himself that he's God now though <_<

Sanctimonious pillock, just can't watch him or listen to him. :sly:

Live Aid started bringing on his delusions of grandeur and he's disappeared further and further up his own Khyber as time has gone on. :no:

As a matter of interest I googled why a couple of them have stupid names. Turns out Paul 'Bono' Hewson's came from the allegedly Latin 'Bona Vox' however IMO more probably (possibly unbeknown to him) from the gay 'polari' slang from the 1960s, made famous (to those who understood it) by Kenneth Williams and Hugh Paddick as Julian and Sandy in Round the Horne.

As in Bona Riah. Bona Drag etc. Made me chuckle anyway.

:lol:

Hmmmm... They're a bit of a guilty pleasure for me. I was a late comer and only got into them when Achtung baby came out. I proceeded to aquire the rest of the back catalogue and was relieved that all the previous albums were decent. I still play the cassettes on occassions now.

They've wheeled out some poop since AB. For me as soon as politics starts figuring and a band seem to have a manifesto I loose interest instantly. I've got my own political opinions thanks Bono. If he's so worried about poverty et al surely him putting his hand in his own pocket will achiveve far more than asking me to put my hand in my own. He's a very, very bad word.