stretchy over stock ammo holder

mikee

So you never changed your undies because you kept your ammo in your cheek piece? I thought you just never packed any spare. :good:

I didnt like to risk taking them off with you still in the same room as me, :blink: :yp:

Just in case.

(got the address thanks Lee)

I like to wear a stretchy bandolier on my left bicep for quick reloading and always carry extra rounds in an ankle bandolier for backup .

I use a drawstring leather pouch that holds about a dozen .308 rounds . After I have loaded 4 rounds into the mag I then put another 2 rounds in my right hand jacket pocket and put the drawstring bag into my left hand pocket . The bag holds the rounds tight enough to stop them rattling and the two in my right hand pocket can be loaded if necessary . I also take extra cartridges in case I need a zeroing session .

Harnser .

Edited by Harnser

How about this one;-

Always have a bullet or 10 handy, just in case they fell out of your pocket when you slipped over on the way to the top of the mountain while walking in 2 feet of snow in Croatia, and you need to shoot a charging giant, masive ,huge M-F angry Mung chomping Wild Boar, with no bullets ???

And you could have nicely tucked away in your little stretchy bulllet holder thingy, wrapped around your "BUTT" some nice shiny bullets to load into your rifle and shoot the big Pigy.

therefore saving your own Butt and being able to ware your undies yet another day ???

how about just in case you put a baterry in your pocket with ammo,and one explodes and injures your leg :):lol:

heres a question. is there not a possibility ammo (centrefire rounds im thinking) jangling around in your pocket could damage the rounds slightly - thinking of all the arguments ive seen re seating depth, etc, so if a round was knocked could if not move the head a bit and affect accuracy? ???

edit - meant to add about crud (pocket lint, bits of chocolate, etc) getting stuck to them too might affect it, no?

Edited by babbyc1000

heres a question. is there not a possibility ammo (centrefire rounds im thinking) jangling around in your pocket could damage the rounds slightly - thinking of all the arguments ive seen re seating depth, etc, so if a round was knocked could if not move the head a bit and affect accuracy? ???

Psh.. doesn't happen to anyone in the movies.. ???

heres a question. is there not a possibility ammo (centrefire rounds im thinking) jangling around in your pocket could damage the rounds slightly - thinking of all the arguments ive seen re seating depth, etc, so if a round was knocked could if not move the head a bit and affect accuracy? :good:

edit - meant to add about crud (pocket lint, bits of chocolate, etc) getting stuck to them too might affect it, no?

sorry for the bump but i really am wondering about this :good:

Most rounds come in a plastic strip that will attach to a belt.

I don't as a habit keep chocolate chips / flakes and other bits in my pockets either when I am shooting or just generally.

I understand that over the water things maybe different, keeping semtex, emeralds, Guiness ring pulls, lepricons and ammo in pockets etc.

No.

I don't carry batteries, chocolate chips etc in my pockets.

CF ammo comes in boxes and within those boxes handy plastic strips.

Also, I find that the rifle's "magazine" is actually an ideal place to keep ammo ready for shooting something :good:

Edited by Mungler

Most rounds come in a plastic strip that will attach to a belt.

I don't as a habit keep chocolate chips / flakes and other bits in my pockets either when I am shooting or just generally.

I understand that over the water things maybe different, keeping semtex, emeralds, Guiness ring pulls, lepricons and ammo in pockets etc.

A leprechaun is hardly ever needed, but better to be looking at it than for it

I thought the others were standard fair?? :good:

No.

I don't carry batteries, chocolate chips etc in my pockets.

CF ammo comes in boxes and within those boxes handy plastic strips.

Also, I find that the rifle's "magazine" is actually an ideal place to keep ammo ready for shooting something :good:

stop avoiding the question :good: :good:

i promise im not going to turn around and say "then you should use a stretchy stock cover to hold your ammo" (tho i will get shouted at for derailing this thread probably), im being 100% honest to god serious by asking this.

nothings wrong with a mag - ive only got a 10/22, no centrefire (yet...) so it doesnt matter to me - and apart from the slightly useful aspect of having 5 shells strapped to my shotgun for emergencies, i freely admit its only cos pump actions look naked without shells strapped to them :good:

though what about those trapdoor type rifles ive seen? theyve no mags... :good:

thanks mung, see, i WAS being serious for once :good: