Got the 4x4 stuck.

mr lee

Bowen they look hard core off road tyres, what are they like on a long run on the tarmac ?

Doc

they'll be noisy as anything you don't get quiet tyres with aggressive tread. Once your axle hits you're very lucky to get out, occasionally engaging the diff lock if you have one will free you but you have to be lucky. Best advice is accept you're stuck and don't dig yourself in deeper and either jack it up and fill in the hole or get a tow.

I think we may be missing the point here, in this situation it doesnt matter what tyres or what 4x4 you are in once the axle hits the ground it aint coming out without a tow. simples :good:

doc

Exactly. Them tyres we have on are mickey thompsons. Pretty expensive and hard to find. Up to that point ours had got us through some seriously muddy fields which saw a discovery struggling through. We grounded the whole chassis out with only one wheel able to turn on the ground. No tyres, not even dumper truck ones would have helped it to drive out. :/

If the vitara had a difflock it would have helped massively but probably still not got us out this time.

i was shooting on rape one year, and got stuck so phoned the farmer up and said can you come and pull me out. he was having a party and said can i wait for 2 hours, i said yes i will be shooting till dark he came up in a jd, 4 wheel drive and out i came.he did not mind at all.had a laf, and that was it.