NE Clay Shoot

shaun4860

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ smiiithy, I see your getting some practice in. :lol:

Shaun, will it be ok for my brother to replace my shooting buddy as he cannot make it now. (lucky fella will be in Lanzarote)

Only trouble is that my brother does not have his SGC yet so will he be ok using my spare gun or does it need to be your clubs gun?

Cheers

John

@ smiiithy, I see your getting some practice in. :lol:

Shaun, will it be ok for my brother to replace my shooting buddy as he cannot make it now. (lucky fella will be in Lanzarote)

Only trouble is that my brother does not have his SGC yet so will he be ok using my spare gun or does it need to be your clubs gun?

Cheers

John

well seeing as its a sporting set up he could actually share your gun but if you want to bring 2 then thats ok... :lol:

shaun

*club gun :lol: * i think i will have to get our treasurer to buy a club Perrazzi then i could look after it for him....lol

well seeing as its a sporting set up he could actually share your gun but if you want to bring 2 then thats ok... :lol:

shaun

*club gun :lol: * i think i will have to get our treasurer to buy a club Perrazzi then i could look after it for him....lol

Sharing my gun is ok ?, I've never done clays so have no idea of the procedure. :lol:

Good luck with the club Perrazzi !! :lol:

I was borrowing a Bettinsoli Diamond on Sunday and had a go of a Winchester Pump. I shot gun-up this time with no bruising on my shoulder but I’ve not half got a swollen jaw! I wouldn't have expected a strapping young lad like me to get kicked to the dogs by a twelve but it takes its toll :lol:

I was borrowing a Bettinsoli Diamond on Sunday and had a go of a Winchester Pump. I shot gun-up this time with no bruising on my shoulder but I’ve not half got a swollen jaw! I wouldn't have expected a strapping young lad like me to get kicked to the dogs by a twelve but it takes its toll :huh:

im still convinced its gun fit, and i would put money on the winchester for causing the swollen jaw, its a very short stock and would have caused you problems...

we will have a look at yours on the 12th... :good:

shaun

Sharing my gun is ok ?, I've never done clays so have no idea of the procedure. :good:

Good luck with the club Perrazzi !! :huh:

everyone will be squaded so you and your brother will be on the same squad. and with only 1 person from each squad shooting at any one time sharing isnt a problem.

shaun

I was borrowing a Bettinsoli Diamond on Sunday and had a go of a Winchester Pump. I shot gun-up this time with no bruising on my shoulder but I’ve not half got a swollen jaw! I wouldn't have expected a strapping young lad like me to get kicked to the dogs by a twelve but it takes its toll :blink:

One of the problems with shooting 'gun up' is lifting your head off the stock to see the bird. A sure fire way of getting a slap on the cheek. If you're used to shooting 'gun down' you'll need to make a conscious effort to keep your cheek on the stock to start with. Make sure you have a little more weight on your front foot and lean into the gun, keeping a firm, not tight, grip on it. A short stock certainly won't help matters, (you should have roughly 2/3 fingers distance between the knuckle of your thumb and the tip of your nose) try a slip on butt pad if you need a bit more length. It'll do the trick and cheap as chips too :blink:

If you're still having problems, have a look at your cartridges. 21g/24g will kill pretty much any bird on most courses, with little recoil.

Been begging and borrowing guns for clays at the mo so will have to see how I get on when I get my own :blink:

One of the problems with shooting 'gun up' is lifting your head off the stock to see the bird. A sure fire way of getting a slap on the cheek. If you're used to shooting 'gun down' you'll need to make a conscious effort to keep your cheek on the stock to start with. Make sure you have a little more weight on your front foot and lean into the gun, keeping a firm, not tight, grip on it. A short stock certainly won't help matters, (you should have roughly 2/3 fingers distance between the knuckle of your thumb and the tip of your nose) try a slip on butt pad if you need a bit more length. It'll do the trick and cheap as chips too :blink:

If you're still having problems, have a look at your cartridges. 21g/24g will kill pretty much any bird on most courses, with little recoil.

Fnar Fnar.... :blink:

shaun