NE Clay Shoot

shaun4860

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will add proper direction tomoz...(wed)

thats not a farmyard thats the home of the devil incarnate... he will strike you down as soon as look at you.

(long story but the short version is:)

We have been there since the 60's, he moved in approx 3 years ago....was an old pub (The Junction) converted it back into a house.... he knew we were there and we even helped him with some stuff....

any way after about 6 months he started complaining to anyone who would listen ie county council, local council, parish council and our landlords.....wanted us shut down, we were too noisy.....he went down the road of getting his own noise equipment in...FAILED

anyway we were asked to move by our landlords as they were putting a new road through our ground.

they offered us land approx 2 fields further away from him......he tried everyway to block our planning application. FAILED.

we dont like him and he hates us....

we just keep out of each others way.

funnily enouh this year we restarted our wednesday night shoots in the summer which we hadnt done for years.....tongue0015.gif

We have now got full permanent planning...... :good:

shaun

thats not a farmyard thats the home of the devil incarnate... he will strike you down as soon as look at you.

We have been there since the 60's, he moved in approx 3 years ago....was an old pub (The Junction) converted it back into a house.... he knew we were there and we even helped him with some stuff....

any way after about 6 months he started complaining to anyone who would listen ie county council, local council, parish council and our landlords.....wanted us shut down, we were too noisy.....he went down the road of getting his own noise equipment in...FAILED

anyway we were asked to move by our landlords as they were putting a new road through our ground.

they offered us land approx 2 fields further away from him......he tried everyway to block our planning application. FAILED.

funnily enouh this year we restarted our wednesday night shoots in the summer which we hadnt done for years.....tongue0015.gif

We have now got full permanent planning...... :good:

shaun

So, will he be making the tea/coffee & bacon sarnies :good::good:

(I'll get my coat !!) sSc_escape.gif

(We have now got full permanent planning...... :good: )

shaun

well done thats what i like to hear :good:

Right...Directions....

The map you look at on Google earth is an old photo and hasnt been updated yet.

i see most are coming from south of us.

Follow the A 189 (spine road) to the end and follow signs for the "Coastal Route" A 1068.

you be going past Ellington (still on the 1068) over the roundabout.

At the end of the road there is another roundabout, turn right, (you can only go left or right, left takes you to Widdrington Station) still on the A 1068,

After about 1/2 a mile you will come across another roundabout with a pub called "The Widdrington Inn", turn left at the roundabout, (the present google map shows this as a road with a few bends. it isnt now, its straight) i think its signposted Eshott.

After approx 1 mile you will see a car park on your left, (holds about a dozen cars), thats us. if you look in the fields to your left you will see a collection of huts. there is a track over the style just follow that, (its about 100 yards) and through the gate on the right.

Opposite the car park is another gateway, we have permission to park there too if the car park is full. Please do NOT park on the grass verge.

Alternatively.

If coming up the A1, take the right turn after Causey park (im sure its signposted "No open cast traffic") follow this road all the way along until you come to a crossroads with a farm on the left, go straight over and follow all the way (crossing a railway crossing) eventually you will come across the car park mentioned above. (its about a mile once over the crossing.)

Please check google earth so you know where you are going and pm me for phone number if not sure....

Our postcode is NE61 5DR, but that covers the whole road.

Please try to be there for about 9.15 ish to 9.30.

Bacon and egg sarnies are available for £1.20 until we sell out, we will be catering for 24 including members....so be quick.....tea and coffee is free

A reminder that its Fibre wads only....

Wellies are a must unfortunatly because its quite plodgy!

Hope to see you there......

shaun....phew!... :lol:

Edited by shaun4860

Shaun was this right -

The guy hired a company to measure the sound levels from the shooting and they could not pick any gun shot up cos his chickens were to loud.

Almost....he did get sound equipment in but we were under the limit,

then the council insisted WE did sound checks so when OUR people came round they had to wait until his chickens shut up to take a recording from his front door..... :unsure:

they were there about 4 hours in all taking recordings from various places roundabout.

shaun

Mk 4 Golf GT TDi 150 :hmm: It's not guaranteed to be mine and I haven't even seen it in the flesh yet but dragging my mate who's a MOT tester with me to come and check it over which is why I have to get away sharp. Might have time for a swift half depending on what time we get finished ;)

PS air rifle is back and shooting like a dream. 2 of my mates are away down Steve Smith's on Saturday but I can't make it. We'll have to have a trip down there soon for a bit of plink on?

Edited by smiiithy