NE Clay Shoot

shaun4860

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok chaps.

Was nice to meet everyone, it was a good turn out with 11 people including me.

Ok its time to hide your blushes now......

Scores......(names not nicknames on here)...out of 50

Top gun was Mark "Digweed" Mather with.......48

Myself with..................................................40

Tom Burns..................................................24

John Killvington...........................................23

Richard Armstrong.......................................23

Alan Best....................................................19

Mike smith..................................................15

Rob Miller....................................................11

Steve Hughes..............................................11

Bill Kirkpatrick..............................................7

David Killington.............................................7

Dont pay any real attention to the scores, a lot of people were shooting clays for the first time.

The main thing was that i hope everyone enjoyed themselves, and that it stayed dry

Be nice to do something similar again......

Special word of thanks to Mark Mather, who whilst is no longer a member of our club, helped set up and helped with the trapping.

Shaun

So does this mean my signature can read - PigeonWatch north east of england sporting clay pigeon champion 2009 - 2010 and under that - also a very helpful and nice chap.

I could also get some merchadise made up if anyone wants any!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can i have a beanie hat please...... :good:

shaun

Welldone to you guys shooting clays for first time.. Really nice to see and encouraging for us fellow newbies to meet up .. Welldone Shaun..

Hope to join you on next 1..

Who had to travel the furthest...

Good question.....if you had attended then you would have done i suspect.... :good:

shaun

Cheers Shaun :oops: , got to follow what the lads are saying.

Great morning, great tea, (my bro say's) great sarnies, and great bunch of guy's (and besty57's girlfriend).

I'd never shot clays before so I was well chuffed with my 23 :) and my bro had only fired my gun twice (4 carts) before today so he would have been happy with a 1 so his 7 was tops for him.

It was good to put faces to names (some I think I missed, sorry) and we will be back for another round for sure. Oh, and excellent shooting by markm, I don't think he would have mentioned it so I will. :oops::good:

I'll have a pair of those super-power pink safety glasses, we all know that's your secret :good:

Great day had by all :) For those who were taking an interest the Golf was a no go but still looking

So does this mean my signature can read - PigeonWatch north east of england sporting clay pigeon champion 2009 - 2010 and under that - also a very helpful and nice chap.

I could also get some merchadise made up if anyone wants any!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by smiiithy

Bacon and egg sarnie? :good:

Did you have your shredded wheat

My face is fine this time actually. I think you were right about that being the Winchester pump. But the time before that it was just my shoulder and that was using the Classic Dobules, plenty of mounting practice in the mirror and an excuse to get on the clays every weekend I'm off me thinks :good:

Its definatley a gun mount/fit problem....

hows the face this time?

shaun

Having never shot my 12 O/U since last Dec, used 12g Beretta Semi and 28g browning cynergy all the rest of the time I got a bit of a shock coming back to the 12 and my shoulder is slightly bruised, this happened on my first 10 shots or so as I was not mounting the gun properly and pulling it in.

But I must add I got 48/50 (yes only dropped 2 on the last stand when shaun tried to put me off) using a gun I had not shot for a year and mounting it badly. I am my own hero. lol

PWNESCC0910

Having never shot my 12 O/U since last Dec, used 12g Beretta Semi and 28g browning cynergy all the rest of the time I got a bit of a shock coming back to the 12 and my shoulder is slightly bruised, this happened on my first 10 shots or so as I was not mounting the gun properly and pulling it in.

But I must add I got 48/50 (yes only dropped 2 on the last stand when shaun tried to put me off) using a gun I had not shot for a year and mounting it badly. I am my own hero. lol

PWNESCC0910

apparently your good shooting was down to my glasses.......oh and possibly the 32g cartridges you used!!!!!

shaun