fuel tank

ME

I need to buy a fuel tank for a SWB (Fuel Injection) Suzuki Vitara as mine is leaking.

Any recommendations for a cheap as chips replacement ? I have been toying with one from a breakers but reckon its too griefy.

There must be someone on the net selling them for around £60.00. I have found one but they have none in stock.

Get to a motor factors and get some petro patch putty.

You mix the two parts together and after cleaing the area around the hole you fill it with the putty. It cures rock hard and expands inside the hole and seals it.

I used it on a kit car I had when the seam on the tank split, it lasted for years

ME, there is a fella on flea bay sells them new for about £70 and they are top notch. I needed one for mine when it fell to bits with the dreaded rust. You can also do away with the plastic slosh bottle on top and some of the waste pipe and just go direct to the old lines with new hose. The biggest issue is getting the old fuel pump out intact with the metal and rubber collars intact. :good: again, I ended up buying new ones for about £7 though.

One for £40 + postage at the minute...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUZUKI-VITARA-JLX-PE...=item3a54827a85

Get to a motor factors and get some petro patch putty.

You mix the two parts together and after cleaing the area around the hole you fill it with the putty. It cures rock hard and expands inside the hole and seals it.

I used it on a kit car I had when the seam on the tank split, it lasted for years

You have to make sure you clean the steel well before you use that stuff, make sure you put plenty of heat on to it. You probably won't have any acetylene which is ideal but any plumbers torch should do the trick.

You have to make sure you clean the steel well before you use that stuff, make sure you put plenty of heat on to it. You probably won't have any acetylene which is ideal but any plumbers torch should do the trick.

Not a good idea to put a naked flame anywhere near a tank that has contained petrol vapor.

A hot water battle would do the trick.

webber

As siad in an earlier post. Get the area cleaned up with a nice blow torch before the application off the putty :good::rolleyes:

Jonno

Can't believe anyone is as stupid as this, to tell people to put a flame anywhere near a petrol fuel tank. How have these guys lived so long??? :rolleyes: