pigeon shooting 28th nov

p-a-s

Right members im going to put another pigeon shoot on this time its for 6 or so experienced pigeon shooters (own decoying gear)

Meet up Burton on Trent

Sat 28th nov at 8am

MUST have insurance.

Sorry no newbies this time as i will not be decoying,i will however be roaming from wood to wood etc hoping to keep the pigeons on the move for the static guns

Offer is only open to members that are prepared to stick it out untill about 4pm as im fed up with people coming for an hour or so and taking up a place that could be used to its full.

Some of the terain is on the rough side so a 4x4 would be more suitable than a car,also a fair bit of a walk could be on the cards for some shooters.

I think i have covered every thing so get your names down.

paul

wiggum. it was 1 of the worst days i have put on,i took a newbie out on the same fields the sat before.we walked prob 500/600 off the rape with a few returning, then i noticed the pigeons over the road near a tree line so i thought if i can get amongst the un covered fields and woods the static guns should have a decent day.how wrong could i have been,1 gun shot 2 crows,another gun had a couple of pigeons determined to land and ended up getting tangled in his hide net,whilst keith and jay only saw a few passing birds.as i was just moving about i managed to let 3 shots off and ended walking miles loaded down with the dog,cart bag and gunslip as i had a few roads to cross.i slept well that night.

thanks to the lads that did come and i hope i can do better next time.

paul

Sorry to hear you had a bad day mate as i know you try and get the guns some good sport when you take them out :yes: although it does make me feel alittle bit better as i was working all day cursing at missing the chance to give my new semi auto a workout in the field on the woodies :good:.

Never mind im sure next time will be more productive :yes: :yes:

dave,couldnt agree more mate,but its still disapointing though.

wiggum,im sure youl get a chance to christen the new gun as the fields we shot on sat :good: are rented by a farmer that has given me permision to shoot on the rest of his land roughly 4000 acres, i have a meeting with him in the morning with a view to finding the shortest rape as that is where the pigeons will be through the winter.il give you a shout