Fear the beard..Duckman bloodline

starlight32

Have a a look at the first and last clips in the video........

I am sure there a guy behind who is really shooting with 14" naval gun............

I'd also be leaving that duck for someone else, as I imagine you will be breaking teeth over the dinner table....

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> Edited by starlight32

Ammunition type aside, if you watch any amount of US duck videos, youtube or profesionally produced, the ducks and geese usually look far away. Many times I've thought that the shooters were taking very long shots. That is a reality of video in a duck hunting situation.

Truth is, these guys get the ducks to ranges that very few duck hunters ever see. In timber shooting, once the birds commit, they have no exit except back up, the way they came in. They are at 10 to 15 yards for a great number of the shots, some even closer, and they stay in the 35 yard zone much longer than ducks in an open marsh.

A mallard at full backpeddle at 5 yards, and in the trees it does happen, is a site that few open water duck hunters ever see. I've done alot of both and I love them both, but they're different. At ten to 15 yards, you can dismantle a duck like that with almost any ammunition, including steel.

And another thing, in that dense timber a crippled duck is awfully hard on a dog... especially a dog collecting three or four limits (7 per gun in California) in a morning is alot of work... so a dead mallard is a good thing.

What did Robert Ruark say... "use enough gun"

Pete

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Reminded me of film Deliverance

basically the duckman series is a bunch of hype. one thing though---maybe those good ole boys don't look so bright, but they are making a really good living working as professional duck hunters. meanwhile all of us intelligent types are working our ***** off in regular jobs. maybe they are not as dumb as they look.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...