Essex Christmas shooting

ME

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so I grabbed the phone just now and called High Lodge.

They open at 9am for breakfast tomorrow, shooting starts at 10am and goes on until dusk.

They would have been pretty silly to have closed tomorrow :)

I reckon that we will have about 15 tomorrow.

So what time is it again?

Can I use steel shot? if so what sizes are best and what chokes should I put in?

I reckon there will be 14 turn up and there will be all kind of gay excuses like I had to go shopping with the missus.

Edited by MC

I am bringing the hat as modelled here by Evil Elvis before he started being the Digweed of South Essex -

Image008-3.jpg

For anyone bringing kids Evil Elvis will be going his puppet show " A Foxes Christmas Carol" in the car park.

bazza.jpg

Peter de la Mare will be answering any customer complaints about the day -

PDLM.jpg

Edited by ME

I am bringing the hat as modelled here by Evil Elvis before he started being the Digweed of South Essex -

Image008-3.jpg

For anyone bringing kids Evil Elvis will be going his puppet show " A Foxes Christmas Carol" in the car park.

Once, Once ive worn the hat,....and you fiddled the scores..................................why do you always have tpo use that pictures....so unfair ....huh

Can I use steel shot? if so what sizes are best and what chokes should I put in?

MC

Yes indeedy. Steel shot is the way forward. The bigger the better :lol:

As for chokes, i shall be using one of these baby's

blunderbusschoke.jpg

With this set-up and a huge slice of luck i'm hoping to break into double figures :)

:):lol: B) :drinks: :drinks: Cheers mate, another dreary Sunday afternoon cleared up. :P

Yep, I'll be there for a bit of low fat brekkie with Philr as close to 9.00 as we can make it, looking forward to shooting 100 seriously hard birds :) , if time and daylight permits perhaps we can do a round on the Sportrap..?? :hmm:

Oh, nearly forgot, I'll be bringing presents for some of the Essex boys. :hmm:

And before anybody else asks, yes, you can shoot fibre or plaswads there, maximum 28 gram, shot size 7 to 9, and if your Beretta choke has 4 notches on it, it's a Quarter choke. :yes:

Roll on Monday...!!! :hmm:

Cat.

I have been out in the sales today trying to find Cat a suitable present, I ended up in the poundshop :yes: But they were too dear

I'm bringing my neighbour, Paul. He's driving cos he knows where high lodge is, and he's a thoroughly nice chap.

Jeez, I know they're not exactly the brightest in East Anglia, but all you've got to do is drive along the A12 until you see a whopping great sign saying "High Lodge Shooting", Satnav or clever neighbour simply not needed. :hmm:

Cat.

Jeez, I know they're not exactly the brightest in East Anglia, but all you've got to do is drive along the A12 until you see a whopping great sign saying "High Lodge Shooting", Satnav or clever neighbour simply not needed. :hmm:

Cat.

Are you on the blob or something?

If i must explain, my neighbour shoots aswell, just thought it would be nice to invite him along.

Updated list

Right I make it - are we all still up for it

ME (as in ME not me)

Me (Bigweed)

Gram71

Markio

Bagsy

Harnser

MC

PDLM

Mungler

Zapp Brannigan

Suggs

Starlight32

Wabbitbosher

Catamong

Burntout

Evil Elvis

Poontang

Alanl50

Fatcatsplat

Gameclay

Philr

Lefty478

DangerousDave

DoubleDischarge

Paul (mate of Gram71)

Have i missed anyone

Catamong is always on the blob.

Just remember, he doesn't and can't enjoy clay shooting anymore - it's tragic really.

He only has his fading memories of former glory and his love of CPSA registered shooting (by himself) to keep him going :):yes:

well, if he's gonna have a face like a smacked backside then i'm not sharing my jaffa cakes with him :hmm: