le chameau wellie owners

hitfreshairagain

Hi all

I am thinking of buying a pair of Le chameau wellies with the zip on the side and neoprene on the inside wonderd how they came up for size.

I am usually a size 9 and wonderd if there sizes were pretty accurate or do they come up bigger or smaller.

Also do you guys buy any bigger for thick socks or are these boots as warm as they claim.

Would really apprciate your replys.

Thanks Lee

Edited by hitfreshairagain

Mine had to be 1 size smaller than normal in order to fit.

I only where ordinary socks inside them or else I get too hot, except on the very cold days, where I might wear a pair of thick socks instead.

But that's all.

Depends a bit on how much standing around you do when your out in them.

Chris

I bought mine intentionally on the roomy side thinking I would need thick socks while out shooting. how wrong I was! With neoprene boots I find my feet are warm as toast with normal socks in our winter weather. Just get a half size smaller than you would normally in my experience.

Take a look at Muck Boots. I bought a pair (Tay) to replace a 10 year old and well-used pair of Le Chameau Vierzonords (not the ones with the zip), and I've been impressed by them.

The Vierzonord were extremely comfortable, the Muck Boots only a smidgeon less so. I wear the Muck Boots with ordinary socks, whereas I used an extra pair of thicker socks when wearing the V'nord - not because they weren't warm enough but because I needed the extra layer to make them fit snugly. I find that the Muck Boots grip my foot better because they are more fitted round the heel. Even with the extra socks the V'nord I found that were too easily pulled when I got stuck in thick mud. The Muck Boots seem warmer to me - too warm at times - but we haven't really had the cold weather yet to put them to the test. Also I find them easier to put on but that may have something to do with my dodgy left leg :rolleyes:

AND they're less than half the price of the V'nords.

Steve

Edited by brno223

Just my opinion but i think, for the price, theyre a rip off!!!

Bought a pair of zip up neoprene jobbies in july and they have just started leaking in water if im wading across burns. The neoprene on the heels on the inside rubbed off after a month or so (so now it pulls my socks off) and the soles look like more worn than my 3 year old wellies (toggi) To be fair i do alot of miles in them across heather and rough ground and wear them all day for 4 or 5 days a week but for 170 odd quid i would expect them to last for at least a year.

Next pair will be either new seeland wellies another pair of toggis or aigels.

Have to honestly say i had a pair (not with zip just ajustable calf) for 2 years max and the rubber on the top of the boot perished and started to leak,the area around the heel also wore away and were seriously uncomfortable :good: For the money i gave for them they were terrible.

Got a pair of hunter balmoral neoprene's to replace them and there 10 times more comfy and support the foot a lot better than the le chameu's even though i have only wore them lamping twice but covered a lot of rough ground.

I wonder how many of the people who say they leaked ever used the rubber conditioner that comes with the boots? Le chameau are natural rubber and it needs to be fed.

If you abuse anything it will eventually break.

I have had mine for two seasons now and they are as good as the day I bought them. Mine weren't horrendously expensive as a friendly RFD got them trade for me :good: Mind you they don't make much on them. Just like they don't on cartridges. I think my boots were about 60% of the usual selling price.