RSPCA = Really Stupid People Causing Aggro

Diceman

Absoulutely, again in context, I'm a registered slaughterman, among other veterinary qualifications (I'm not a vet) and I've killed hundreds of animals but not eaten them. Beheading and incised severance of the spinal cord isn't humane, you killing a bird by concussion is, breaking the neck of a rodent is humane also, as the brain stem has been destroyed causing unconciousness immediately, these are important facts to the legality of the killing along with other possibly mitigated factors around this situation.

Breaking a rodents neck is humane but breaking its neck by chopping its head off isn't, when you chop off its head don't you destroy the brain stem.Maybe this is what the police calls overkill.Yes sir we are quite happy for you to kill this fox with a 223 but you can't shoot it with a 308 because it would then be much too dead sir

Geordie

Well, do you want to tell me that rat poison is humane, it`s one of the worst ways to go! but I agree to some extend and I see what you are trying to say.

The scientific facts

A team at the university of Hannover in Germany examined these claims through the use of EEG and ECG records during slaughter. Several electrodes were surgically implanted at various points of the skull of all the animals used in the experiment and they were then allowed to recover for several weeks. Some of the animals were subsequently slaughtered the halal way by making a swift, deep incision with a sharp knife on the neck, cutting the jugular veins and carotid arteries of both sides together with the trachea and esophagus but leaving the spinal cord intact. The remainder were stunned before slaughter using a captive bolt pistol method as is customary in Western slaughterhouses. The EEG and ECG recordings allowed to monitor the condition of the brain and heart throughout.

The Halal method

With the halal method of slaughter, there was not change in the EEG graph for the first three seconds after the incision was made, indicating that the animal did not feel any pain from the cut itself. This is not surprising. Often, if we cut ourselves with a sharp implement, we do not notice until some time later. The following three seconds were characterised by a condition of deep sleep-like unconciousness brought about by the draining of large quantities of blood from the body. Thereafter the EEG recorded a zero reading, indicating no pain at all, yet at that time the heart was still beating and the body convulsing vigorously as a reflex reaction of the spinal cord. It is this phase which is most unpleasant to onlookers who are falsely convinced that the animal suffers whilst its brain does actually no longer record any sensual messages.

The Western method

Using the Western method, the animals were apparently unconscious after stunning, and this method of dispatch would appear to be much more peaceful for the onlooker. However, the EEG readings indicated severe pain immediately after stunning. Whereas in the first example, the animal ceases to feel pain due to the brain starvation of blood and oxygen – a brain death, to put it in laymen’s terms – the second example first causes a stoppage of the heart whilst the animal still feels pain. However, there are no unsightly convulsions, which not only means that there is more blood retention in the meat, but also that this method lends itself much more conveniently to the efficiency demands of modern mass slaughter procedures. It is so much easier to dispatch an animal on the conveyor belt, if it does not move.

Appearances can deceive

Not all is what it seems, then. Those who want to outlaw Islamic slaughter, arguing for a humane method of killing animals for food, are actually more concerned about the feelings of people than those of the animals on whose behalf they appear to speak. The stunning method makes mass butchery easier and looks more palatable for the consumer who can deceive himself that the animal did not feel any pain when he goes to buy his cleanly wrapped parcel of meat from the supermarket. Islamic slaughter, on the other hand, does not try to deny that meat consumption means that animals have to die, but is designed to ensure that their loss of life is achieved with a minimum amount of pain.

The holistic view

Modern Western farming and slaughter, on the other hand, aims at the mass consumer market and treats the animal as a commodity. Just as battery hens are easier for large-scale egg production, Western slaughter methods are easier for the meat industry, but they do neither the animal nor the end consumer any favours.

well said sir :ninja:

Breaking a rodents neck is humane but breaking its neck by chopping its head off isn't, when you chop off its head don't you destroy the brain stem.Maybe this is what the police calls overkill.Yes sir we are quite happy for you to kill this fox with a 223 but you can't shoot it with a 308 because it would then be much too dead sir

Geordie

:good:

Ahh im lovin this thread, had a **** day at work today, this is class.

Thanks.

Knowing what a pile of fabricated tripe that programme is, I am 100% certain that it's just a moronic PR stunt for the airheads. I have no doubt at all that what these ***** were eating was KFC or some ****. Load of sensationalist rubbish.

The "jungle" is a studio or hotel garden, the "rat" was KFC. The retards love it, they sit there gawping at their TV screens slackjawed :good:

Oh, and pleeeease don't bother trying to tell me that you saw the retard prepare the "rat" on TV so it must be real. :hmm: I grew up some time ago. :good:

Edited by Chard

What the **** ? tree huggers are kicking off because they killed a rat :good:? what about all the poor kangaroos hopping around Oz with no balls and no ***** because the contestants ate em, crocodile feet, fish eyes and whatever else they killed and chopped up for entertainment is fine but to hurt a dirty stinking rat has them all up in arms... I'll never understand these ******* hippies.

Halal killing isn't performed on the basis of ethics, its peformed because of the religious belief that a wounded animal (IE stunned by electroconvulsion/carbon dioxide or captive bolt) shouldn't be eaten, thats the ethical debate as Halal killing is lawful

Not completely correct. The draining of the blood allows the meat keep longer and not spoil. This is a custom that precedes refridgerators, freezers and airconditioning, and originates from countries where the average temperature is pretty high.

Like the non eating of pork, which does not keep in anything except cool conditions, and is considered "dirty" because warm condition allow the parasites and bateria to multiply at an alarming rate, these items have an underlying reason, which is re-enforced by the "law". The "law" being the Koran.

What the **** ? tree huggers are kicking off because they killed a rat :good:? what about all the poor kangaroos hopping around Oz with no balls and no ***** because the contestants ate em, crocodile feet, fish eyes and whatever else they killed and chopped up for entertainment is fine but to hurt a dirty stinking rat has them all up in arms... I'll never understand these ******* hippies.

you beat me to it I was just about to mention the kangaroos.

Are they going to get done for biting the heads of those fat whitchity grubs that were still alive, no didnt think so. The only difference is the grubs look disgusting and dont have little fury faces.

you beat me to it I was just about to mention the kangaroos.

Are they going to get done for biting the heads of those fat whitchity grubs that were still alive, no didnt think so. The only difference is the grubs look disgusting and dont have little fury faces.

Grubs and insects are insentient.