.22LR rifle buying advice

killer_pigeon

Hi

just got my Variation for a .22LR back from Police in a record 6 days, posted last monday got licence though today !!!! Brill

so i need to get out an buy another xmas pressie for me asap !!!!!

Just need some honest opinions on which gun to buy. It will be used for vermin control mainly and i have got it down to 3 makes that look \ feel good.

Ruger 10\22

Sako quad varmint or finnfire

Browning T bolt

I was looking to buy a synthetic stock so it probably takes Browning out of equation as i have seen the other 2 in black synthetic.

I deffo dont want a CZ but dont know what the BRNO is like.

any help much appreciated, thanks

CZ Varmint one of the best rifles you could ever wish to own , as for the trigger you can change the spring for a lighter one or you can get a trigger kit for about £12 . Probably the most popular makes of bolt action .22 around . As for the price you get a lot of gun for your money .

I cant speak for the Browning , but the CZ will out shoot the other two .

A BRNO is the same as a CZ as the CZ design was taken from BRNO .

Dave

The T-bolt is available with a synthetic stock. But I expect you'll have to order one.

It comes with a 10-shot magazine in the gun, and a spare magazine inside the stock - great idea I reckon. Click HERE for info.

I am well pleased with my T-Bolt - it comes up really well, it's not too heavy, the trigger's nice and light and it's incredibly accurate.

Lovely rifle that will probably be worth something if I decide to trade in/sell it :good:

Edited by Toombsy

The T-bolt is available with a synthetic stock. But I expect you'll have to order one.

It comes with a 10-shot magazine in the gun, and a spare magazine inside the stock - great idea I reckon. Click HERE for info.

I am well pleased with my T-Bolt - it comes up really well, it's not too heavy, the trigger's nice and light and it's incredibly accurate.

Lovely rifle that will probably be worth something if I decide to trade in/sell it :good:

the photo on link makes it look very sexy !

Oh yeah :wub:

I don't have the synthetic stock version - instead got the walnut stock. IMHO that's even better looking, but not quite as 'functional' as the synthetic model that can be thrown around, pushed through bushes and treat a little more 'unkind' if you like.

But above it's looks it's incredibly accurate and really quick to use with the straight pull bolt and 10 bullet clip. I love it :good:

A finnfire or Quad will probably hold their value better than any of the others.

What about anschutz? They are a superbly accurate carbine with a great trigger.

Are you looking for new or second hand?

Is it your first foray into powder burners?

You can shorten a 22lr barrel to 13" inches with no loss of performance or accuracy. It will make it more useable if shooting from a vehicle :good:

Yep, BUT: not sure if they do a synthetic, they do on the 22wmr which I have and it looks awful so I got the laminated, well worth a look.

Good luck

:wub::good:

this is gonna be my next purchase for my 10/22 :yes:

archangel_kit.jpg

ok, im joking, but not much beats a 10/22 imo, especially when it comes to upgrades and accessories. yes, theyre maybe not quite as accurate as a bolt action (though im usually taking 80 yard headshots with mine now), and theyre slightly more fiddly to give a full strip down, but believe me youll never get bored of a 10/22 for starters, and once you get the hang of it youll never look at another .22lr :wub:

A finnfire or Quad will probably hold their value better than any of the others.

What about anschutz? They are a superbly accurate carbine with a great trigger.

Are you looking for new or second hand?

You can shorten a 22lr barrel to 13" inches with no loss of performance or accuracy. It will make it more useable if shooting from a vehicle :wub:

I was really looking for new or almost new with minimal use

not many anschutz .22lr in the local gunshops, i think they stick with the best sellers, so havent yet seen one to try them.

Barrel length no problem as i always use it while walking never in a vehicle. plus girlfriend not too happy last time i took her fiesta out and got it stuck in a field and covered in mud. :good: