Ladies and Gentlemen

felly100

We'll give the remains of the turkey another airing today, cold with pork pies, cheeses, pickles, pate and anything else in the

non-vegetarian line that I can load a plate with :beer::beer::beer:

Then it's leaving the building. Mind you, there won't be much of it left by then, as we only got a 4.6 kilo one,

couldn't see the point of buying a ******* ostrich :good:

Edited by Chard

My Mrs bought a frozen turkey from ASDA. We thawed it out by leaving it in my shed for two days. When it was completely thawed, she cooked it, following the recommeded settings.

While it was cooking, she said that it 'smelled funny' (I was in work) Anyway, when it had cooked, she cut a piece of meat off it, and it tasted vile!

This spoilt our Christmas dinner that we had planned (Our 1st together for 3 years) plus I like it with pickles and relish later on in the evening etc etc.

We are taking it back to ASDA tomorrow to play holy hell with them. I expect a full refund plus, hopefully, something to compensate for our ruined day. I am also cutting, and keeping a piece of the meat and freezing it, with the view of contacting my local Enviromental Health department in the new year.

We could have ate that turkey, and if we had both had colds etc, we may have not noticed that it had gone off. The consequences don't bear thinking about!

My Mrs bought a frozen turkey from ASDA. We thawed it out by leaving it in my shed for two days. When it was completely thawed, she cooked it, following the recommeded settings.

While it was cooking, she said that it 'smelled funny' (I was in work) Anyway, when it had cooked, she cut a piece of meat off it, and it tasted vile!

This spoilt our Christmas dinner that we had planned (Our 1st together for 3 years) plus I like it with pickles and relish later on in the evening etc etc.

We are taking it back to ASDA tomorrow to play holy hell with them. I expect a full refund plus, hopefully, something to compensate for our ruined day. I am also cutting, and keeping a piece of the meat and freezing it, with the view of contacting my local Enviromental Health department in the new year.

We could have ate that turkey, and if we had both had colds etc, we may have not noticed that it had gone off. The consequences don't bear thinking about!

Im not bitching steve,but dont tell them it was in the shed,tell them it was in the fridge for two days defrosting not the shed,theyl say it was unhygienic :)

asda,tesco,sainsburys have always been and will always be absolutley usesles with meat. I dont think they get the principles of hanging/ageing meat!. We had a joint of beef a year or so ago and it was so bad we took the lot back to them got a full double refund and some courtsey vouchers!. Its usually a good idea to phone their helpline as the will give you a code that you just take into the shop. I have been going to my local butchers since then, it is a little more exspensive but they need our support anyway they are a dieing trade!!!! dam asda for ruining your xmas :)

UPDATE.

Took the aforementioned Turkey back to ASDA this morning. I spoke to the store manager and she said that there was a 'product recall' for these Turkey's. Apparantley something to do with the basting ingredient that was put on the bird. Also, the Turkey came for Mexico, yes Mexico! according to her.

Anyway, we got a full refund, and a £5 store voucher 'for the trouble caused'. She said that ASDA are looking into this, as they are taking it very seriously. SO THEY SHOULD! They will be in touch with us soon.

I have cut some of the meat off the Turkey and put it in my freezer. I am contacting the Enviromental Health Department next week.