Roofing question

V8landy

Try asking on this forum DIYnot.com They will have roofers or builders who can tell for certain. Roof technology is more complex than most of us give credit for.

If you want to use concrete pantiles instead of clay ones, these can go as low as 15 degrees.

http://www.sandtoft.com/tiles/our-products...16de857911ec799

If you google "Clay Pantiles" you should get more than enough information to be getting on with. it seems the man made versions are more effective than the original clay ones. :)

Good luck man :lol:

Pushkin B)

Marley & Redland tiles make plenty of pantiles to go down to as low as 15 degree(Marley Modern, Major etc or Reland Stonewold, Renown). If you want the small tile look then have a look at the Gemini tile or Duo-pitch tile. Both work on the interlocking pantile principle but have the look of the small (plain) tile.

:):lol:

There are pan tiles out there that can be laid down to 10.5 degree. The only thing that really changes is that most tiles will require a greater head lap at lower pitches. Just remember you will need building regulations and to insulate the roof to a reasonable level

I dont know of any that are recomended to 10.5 but im interested in what head lap they would have let us know cheers Kev

I dont know of any that are recomended to 10.5 but im interested in what head lap they would have let us know cheers Kev

Don't much about the details but the tile is called 'CENTURION' I think its manufactured by Forticrete, they state it's the only tile that can be be laid down to 10 degree. Hope thats of some use to you. :yes:

V8 have a look for manufacturers websites, most have the detail on that will tell you and that will be acceptable to building regs as all they look for is manufacturers info. I've just put on mine a 22.5 degree slate roof that apparently you can't do if you listen to most people :good: Did it as per the manufacturers spec with slates you just increase the headlap and thats about it. I had to do it because planning were very funny with mine about how high it was and this was the minimum pitch we could go to and still have normal height walls!

One thing I've done that I'd recommend is decking the roof with celotex if you want a vaulted ceiling its a really good way of insulating and getting a really good U value without having to use too much Insulation