dazza

I have the same rifle suggest Wildcat 12 baffle you can shorten it to 8 or get the T8. But the advantage of the wildcat is you can strip it for cleaning.

No regrets but dont forget to ask for a thread protector for transportation or you will have to change your slip.

Edited by Landy

which moderator did you use i got a sako 85 was going to use ase utra got my doubts now tho

I use ASE Ultra stainless on my 308. Even though it just screws on the end it balances my gun a lot better than the T8 I tried. They both weigh about the same so I would advise the Ultra. Cheers, Martin (it's your choice at the end of the day)

I put a wildcat on my sako 85;I will not buy another over the barrel moderator as the wildcat as marked the barrel

When buying a over the barrel moderator you should find out how many moderator overlaps barrel and then wrap insulation tap one thickness round that point and the get the collet reamed out to that diameter, when you remove tap you should have a 2 thou clearance round barrel as mamufactour demands. Then you will not get any marks on your barrel.

I have a Northstar and it's been brill, I prefer it to the Wildcat and T8 as it's less bulky. I also have an S5 and a CQB and can't fault them. You won't go wrong with Ase Utra, they are built like brick outhouses and are amongst the most compact out there with no loss of suppression.

Sorry to hijack the thread but given that quite a few of you reommend the ASE Jet z can I pick your brains?

I am looking for a mod to pt on my steyr ssg in .22-250. The smallest the Jet-z goes is .25 but it has a larger volume (and more baffles?) than the smalller .22cf CQB.

Would I be better off with a .25 Jet Z or .22 CQB on my .22-250?

Thanks

Sorry to hijack the thread but given that quite a few of you reommend the ASE Jet z can I pick your brains?

I am looking for a mod to pt on my steyr ssg in .22-250. The smallest the Jet-z goes is .25 but it has a larger volume (and more baffles?) than the smalller .22cf CQB.

Would I be better off with a .25 Jet Z or .22 CQB on my .22-250?

Thanks

As ASE themselves recommend CQB for .22 centrefires (.222, .223 & .22-250)

see under products here

http://aseutra.fi/english/index.html

that is what you want - they are a no nonsense company - the products just work :yes: - baffles are one thing, you don't want a .25 hole for a .22 bullet - it makes more difference than people think.

Cheers

AndyCM

• 2 weeks later...