Worst lunch ever today

ME

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This reminds me of a story from 20 odd years ago on a college exchange to France.

It was a straight exchange with two agricultural colleges, one in the south of England and one in the North of France. The equivalent courses passed in the night and went to the other college for a week.

We took the NDA course along with 3 of the tutors, one of which supposedly could speak and read good French. Now one of the girls on the course went down with deli belly on the first day in France, poor girl on a coach full of exuberant students and dashing to the lav the whole time. :)

One of the tutors decided that it would be a good idea to take her to a doctor just to be safe. Said doctor felt it was necessary to give her a prescription to help her bind up a bit. :hmm: That would have been fine and dandy, except he should have really explained it better to the tutor.

Anyway she starts taking the pills every hour as instructed and sure enough no more trips to the lav. Result you might think, and it would have been except that I then saw what she was taking and having had need for it myself :blush: in the past knew the dosage. I asked how many she had taken and she was just finishing the packet of 12 pills. ;) It was Immodium, now anyone who has used this will know that it is rare to get past the second dose and she was on her 11th due to the tutor misreading the instructions. :D Students being students there was much leg pulling and very little thought for the poor girl afflicted with what can now only be described as , never gonna need the lav again. :yes:

She did on the last day of the exchange appear from the lav and with a very relieved look announce that once again all was working properly. :D

Poor girl. Made me smile thinking back to that trip. :)

:lol:i remember a about a year ago i had a kebab all was fine for half an hour until my stomach starting hurting went to the lav and didnt return for 30 mins dad comes up and says "the gamekeepers coming round your going lamping in 10 mins" i thought **** his truck has the worst suspension in the world but lucky for me i was okay and managed to bag my first hare with a rifle :blush:

Ah yes, getting caught short in the field can be a nightmare, and it has happened to me so often that I have developed a pavlovian response to being outdoors with a gun where I pretty much have to go at least once. Wetwipes are my friend too.

Was caught out once though without them... Making your own toilet paper by sticking fag papers together does not work, so dont even try :blush: .

ZB

I always used to use the back pocket off my trousers...Got numerous pair of work jeans with no pockets on the arriss

Edited by smig4373

I went out for a meal with my ex, quite a while ago now, at a half decent restaurant near her parents house - we both had gammon and both thought it tasted slightly strange, not one to waste food I'd paid for - I finished hers as well as mine and spent the next 12hours "kissing it goodbye" I lost most of a stone that night which took me down to 9.2st and 5'10 :lol: didn't know I had a stone to lose!!

a couple of years later I was living with her (but we'd split up) and she started running back and forth to the loo, then wandering about bent double and generally looking like she'd eaten something she shouldn't have. Her doctor told her it was flu, I told her it was a bug and not to be such a wimp (worded differently but she'd always been a bit of a hypochondriac), it was near christmas and I found myself being volentiered to fix my grandfather's car so off I went to sort that but I told her on the way out "look, if it's that bad you'd best get your mum to take you to the hospital"

Her mum rang me that night; appendicitis - it had burst and she had been less than 48 hours from passing away :rolleyes: I never really found the words to appologise but I think the offhand comment probably saved her and she can't've been that bothered because a few months down the line we were re-engaged! just a shame I went and messed it up from there.

i had food poisoning from prawns abut 5 years ago. well all 4 of us did. my son was fist to chuck up, then 2 minutes after my other son and then followed by me. with me i didnt know what to put over the toilet, my bum or my head as it was coming out of both ends. i was shaking cold with sweats. this went on for 48 hours. my wife ended up with just the runs but then she only had a little of mine. my two lads bounced back quite quick but it took a week or so for me to feel a little better.

5 years on and i am now lactose, soya and wheat intolerant, i cant eat loads of different foods and it causes nothing but problems in the house. i havent had a meal out in 5 years. my wife has had to learn to cook without loads of differant foods. even something simple like gravy has to be made from scratch as things like oxo, bisto has wheat or lactose in it.

i cant have a lot of medication, i have a knackered back from something else but because alot of tablets contain lactose to bulk them out and the capsules have lactose in them as well.

Life is very hard now just because we stopped to grab a quick bite at a harvester pub.

All the best

Phil.

i had food poisoning from prawns abut 5 years ago. well all 4 of us did. my son was fist to chuck up, then 2 minutes after my other son and then followed by me. with me i didnt know what to put over the toilet, my bum or my head as it was coming out of both ends. i was shaking cold with sweats. this went on for 48 hours. my wife ended up with just the runs but then she only had a little of mine. my two lads bounced back quite quick but it took a week or so for me to feel a little better.

5 years on and i am now lactose, soya and wheat intolerant, i cant eat loads of different foods and it causes nothing but problems in the house. i havent had a meal out in 5 years. my wife has had to learn to cook without loads of differant foods. even something simple like gravy has to be made from scratch as things like oxo, bisto has wheat or lactose in it.

i cant have a lot of medication, i have a knackered back from something else but because alot of tablets contain lactose to bulk them out and the capsules have lactose in them as well.

Life is very hard now just because we stopped to grab a quick bite at a harvester pub.

All the best

Phil.

Thats harsh Phil :good:

Gluten is the wheat part i cant handle.hehe. bisto best has lactose in it.

Wife uses McDowell's thickening and knorr stock cubes for a quick gravy for chips and then if its a roast (which i live on) then its meat juice gravy. Mmmm. I like my roasts.hehe.

Now you know why im a grumpy ****** most of the time. IBS the doctor says. still i can get out and about, people alot worse off so im thankful for that. just wist they would hurry up with these artificial disc for my back.lmao.. oh and im waiting to be 65 as i new a knew replaced.lmao.

Get on with it Phil and stop moaning.

all the best

Phil.

What amazes me most, is that despite the less then brilliant reputation and hygene some of these "after the pub shuts" take aways enjoy, is the number of people prepared to chance it to patronise said establishments, and how a good nosh up is rated by the frequency of trips to the toilet and the intensity of the ring sting!!!!!!!!! Beggars belief

What amazes me most, is that despite the less then brilliant reputation and hygene some of these "after the pub shuts" take aways enjoy, is the number of people prepared to chance it to patronise said establishments, and how a good nosh up is rated by the frequency of trips to the toilet and the intensity of the ring sting!!!!!!!!! Beggars belief

true, but i always reckon if you drink enough in the pub there should be enough alcohol in your stomach to kill any nasties that you eat. my vomiting and ring sting is usually down to the amount of vodka that gets put down my throat :good: