How well did we shoot today? 2010 edition.

Anni

Right, not shooting anywhere now, the shop have sold the gun I was going to try :blush:

***** students!.. look young paulos, get yerself along to Kingsley this Sunday, for 10am you can shoot my Mother *******

"never miss Teknys!"! and kick every ones harris, win your class? D?? buy the Mafia a bacon sarnie, each and still

have enough change for a bus ride for 200 yards down the road after!! what say you, spotty northener youth?? :good::yes:

Edited by jko

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:yes: It's very inconvenient when these damned shops sell things, isn't it?

He only put it on the shelf a couple of days ago! How dare people buy things that I want!! :blush: It was sold "Literally 5 minutes ago" I was told when I walked in. ******* flash ******** snapping up these bargains :good:

I probably won't bother with Kingsley now, I was primarily wanting to give the gun a run out over a 100 birder to see how I got on with it but there doesn't seem a lot of point now. :lol:

I probably won't bother with Kingsley now, I was primarily wanting to give the gun a run out over a 100 birder to see how I got on with it but there doesn't seem a lot of point now. :good:

No point at all, because you'd never beat me. You'd be totally stiffed and demoralised within about 10 minutes :blush:

82 at Worsely member comp today, which gave me a 98 with my handicrap

I was 2 off High Gun, a guy in B class put a 100 in !! so can't really complain !

Looks like B's tips have done there job and that was my first outing, need to pratisce thou..

Anyone heading down to Worsely the horse flys are out and are travelling around in hunting packs ! you have been warned.

82 at Worsely member comp today, which gave me a 98 with my handicrap

I was 2 off High Gun, a guy in B class put a 100 in !! so can't really complain !

Looks like B's tips have done there job and that was my first outing, need to pratisce thou..

Anyone heading down to Worsely the horse flys are out and are travelling around in hunting packs ! you have been warned.

Nice darts, Ian :rolleyes:

Do you know what High Gun was without the handicrap stuff?

82 at Worsley member comp today, which gave me a 98 with my handicrap

Looks like B's tips have done there job and that was my first outing, need to practice thou..

Anyone heading down to Worsley the horse flys are out and are travelling around in hunting packs ! you have been warned.

Well shot Ian :rolleyes: it's a funny business the handicap system, I've seen the scoreboard at Worsley showing HG to be a guy who'd shot a 104 ex 100

Not my favorite ground at the moment is Worsley, last Sunday we only shot a bit a practice, well it's not really practice more like "not competition". We started up at Rishton nr. Blackburn for a 50 birder, not very exciting and very busy so we didn't shoot the last stand which had about 20 people waiting patiently. Battered on down the motorways to Worsley & got there about 1ish. Asked the two (new?) ladies behind the counter what time last entries and was told 2 o'clock so we sat down with a brew & a sandwich. After a few minutes one of the staff came and told us "sorry it's 1:30 not 2:00 for last entries" which wasn't a problem. We booked on which took a good few minutes as it's the new pre-paid card system and it got quite complicated as there was 4 of us and 2 were members and they had loyalty clays to be added and were (obviously) at a cheaper rate than us non members. It's certainly not as straight forward a system as claymate but has huge benefits for the ground ;)

Anyway, this saga is not the point of this rambling, we (4 of us remember) set off at 1:30 virtually on the dot. We shot the stands in order just as we would have done in a competition, no messing about, no loitering not even seeing a pair, the first one up at each stand had to shoot it blind. We were half way through stand 10 (exactly 2/3 through the 100 birds) when a member of the ground staff came up and said we had to stop shooting as soon as we'd finished that stand as all shooting had to be finished for 2:30 , he was packing up and he only got paid till 3:00!! So that was that, trudged back to the carpark, the office appeared to be locked up, and went home. Bear in mind we had pre-paid for 100 clays and there was no-one there to give us a refund, we overcame that problem by selling our "unused" birds to our mates who are Worsley members and will be going back.

The targets we shot were OK nothing too stupid nor too easy but certainly not earth shattering, along with most grounds these days the course setters are running out of new presentations and are not moving the shooting stands, there were targets I recognized as not changing from the Police shoot I shot there a couple of months ago. What we were ****** off about was not being told that shooting ceased at 2:30, there was no way, even if we had run between stands, that 4 of us could have finished 100 birds over 15 stands within the hour, I bet they would still have taken our money even if there had been 8 in the group.

So I won't rush back, if they do start having registered comps again I'll give them a go but I'll certainly not turn up for a bit of un-structured practice on a Sunday again.

That's my whinge over, sorry Ian for wandering off topic but keep up the improvement and next month it could be you as HG.

Mr Potter

Well shot Ian ;) it's a funny business the handicap system, I've seen the scoreboard at Worsley showing HG to be a guy who'd shot a 104 ex 100

Not my favorite ground at the moment is Worsley, last Sunday we only shot a bit a practice, well it's not really practice more like "not competition". We started up at Rishton nr. Blackburn for a 50 birder, not very exciting and very busy so we didn't shoot the last stand which had about 20 people waiting patiently. Battered on down the motorways to Worsley & got there about 1ish. Asked the two (new?) ladies behind the counter what time last entries and was told 2 o'clock so we sat down with a brew & a sandwich. After a few minutes one of the staff came and told us "sorry it's 1:30 not 2:00 for last entries" which wasn't a problem. We booked on which took a good few minutes as it's the new pre-paid card system and it got quite complicated as there was 4 of us and 2 were members and they had loyalty clays to be added and were (obviously) at a cheaper rate than us non members. It's certainly not as straight forward a system as claymate but has huge benefits for the ground :yes:

Anyway, this saga is not the point of this rambling, we (4 of us remember) set off at 1:30 virtually on the dot. We shot the stands in order just as we would have done in a competition, no messing about, no loitering not even seeing a pair, the first one up at each stand had to shoot it blind. We were half way through stand 10 (exactly 2/3 through the 100 birds) when a member of the ground staff came up and said we had to stop shooting as soon as we'd finished that stand as all shooting had to be finished for 2:30 , he was packing up and he only got paid till 3:00!! So that was that, trudged back to the carpark, the office appeared to be locked up, and went home. Bear in mind we had pre-paid for 100 clays and there was no-one there to give us a refund, we overcame that problem by selling our "unused" birds to our mates who are Worsley members and will be going back.

The targets we shot were OK nothing too stupid nor too easy but certainly not earth shattering, along with most grounds these days the course setters are running out of new presentations and are not moving the shooting stands, there were targets I recognized as not changing from the Police shoot I shot there a couple of months ago. What we were ****** off about was not being told that shooting ceased at 2:30, there was no way, even if we had run between stands, that 4 of us could have finished 100 birds over 15 stands within the hour, I bet they would still have taken our money even if there had been 8 in the group.

So I won't rush back, if they do start having registered comps again I'll give them a go but I'll certainly not turn up for a bit of un-structured practice on a Sunday again.

That's my whinge over, sorry Ian for wandering off topic but keep up the improvement and next month it could be you as HG.

Mr Potter

I think their handicrap system is a load of old cock :hmm:

They've got classes, why have handicap as well? The results are meaningless, you can't tell what anybody shot.

There's more sandbaggers at Worsley than there were at El Alamein :D

I've told them I'm not bothering until registered comps start again.

That's happened to me before, we've had to stop shooting before we'd finished. Once out on the sporting and once on the skeet, they just turned the ****** off, 15 minutes after selling us a card with 100 clays on it, to use on the skeet range :rolleyes:

Chard Iam not sure about the HG without the handicrap, I would take a guess about around a 90, I think Nickys going down there today so he may spot the real HG

If the handicrap system was a little bit more transparent and easy to understand it may help, cos to me and most people I talk to no one understands it

Regarding them turning stands off etc, I think everyones been there done that at Worsely, I can never understand why they only run at most 12 stands on a Wednesday.

If it's late on in the day when you arrive you have to get out and shot there and then. of course the new setting up of the card system has slowed things down whilst they give the cards out etc but it sounds like you were just a bit un lucky with the whole experience.

I think they do a good job with the targets on the whole, and they do swap and change them, they have put raised platforms in, they have moved the high tower position recently to give those birds a different feel, but I agree they have a habit of moving the same set of bird 3 stands along, and just making them look a little different cos of the background etc.

Ok Worsely may have some downfalls, but I keep reminding myself if it shut tomorrow I would have to travel for at least an hour to shoot anywhere else apart from Catton once a month on a Sunday. If Catton was open more often I would shot there first thou..

Oh and the Sandbaggers look no further then Mr Yellow Bear :oops: hes had more firsts and seconds in C class then I've had hot dinners, another 2nd yesterday, month before a 1st.. hahha get in there D !

A breezy day at Kingsley moor today.Wind affecting a few of the stands .Shot the field better today only dropping 2 in there.Nasty simo pair in the car park only managed half of them,think i kept missing the second bird high and in front .Finished with 85, not to bad in the conditions. :oops: Just checked the scores on the website and i got 84 not 85 .

Edited by b325

Went to Kingsley today to try out these Proper Little ****** cartridges :lol:

They seemed perfectly OK, though they had no rangey stuff on today, which I would have like to have tried them on.

We shot a bit mediocre really, but I was joint 2nd in B Class when we left, don't know whether that will last :oops:

Scores on the doors :

Paulos - 83. ******* students. Good shooting I suppose, you ******* ****. :yes:

Mr Potter - 79 :hmm:

Chard - 77 :oops:

Timps - 74. Steady Eddie.

Anni - 72? Can't remember :hmm:

Ron Berettaman1 Zippo Tron JKO Jim :lol: :lol: :lol: - Not sure what Ron got, but it didn't look a bad card :lol:

Well shot B325 :hmm: Think I might know who you are now :P:lol::P

Yeah was a nice day at Kingsley with the Usual's. I dont think I was concentrating really, I think thats my main problem on the clays. Half hearted stuff.

I must stop day dreaming about other things :oops: I dont know what my actual score was but it was 73 on the last count. One of the markers scored on the wrong stand so there was abit of a mix up. What ever it was it was rubbish. :yes:

Good to see Paulos there again...................Routing through the bins behind the Kitchen as usual :oops: ******* students.....Good shooting though.