Scope for .22LR

suth82

Hi folks,

I appreciate this may have been covered in the past, but i've done a search and cant really find a definitive answer.

I am looking to upgrade the scope on my .22 bolt action lr, its mainly used for lamping rabits. Price is not really an issue but i want to be realistic about how much to spend on a rimfire scope, I've pretty much made my mind up that i want to get a decent quality scope but i want to confirm which mag would be best.

I have been looking at scopes in the following sizes,

6x42 fixed power, 3-9x40 & 3-9x50.

So what does everyone find best for lamping?

Thanks, Paul

I've got a 6x42 on mine and it suits me fine. Don't forget that for any price you will always get a better fixed mag than you would a variable.

MacLeods of Tain have two S&B 6x42s for £175 each. You'll not get better glass than that and 6x is plenty good enough for bunnies out to 100 yards.

Edited by njc110381

Check out the Hawke Endurance range at opticswarehouse.com The scopes are brilliant and good value for money. Most carry a 10 year guarantee.

I agree 100%- I have a Hawke Endurance 3.5- 10 x 50 and its just the job- mill dot too- which is nice :good:

Les :lol: