What bird?

Sqwelchy

Went out shooting today for pigeons,but there where loads of other pigeon looking birds but they flew differently and looked slighty smaller. Can anyone tell me what these birds are with the little information provided?

Thanks

Edit- They tucked there wings in after a few flaps.

Edited by Sqwelchy

what the hell would you wana shoot a fieldfare for??? jeez i never heard the likes of it!

looks like a good burrow destroyed. well done

have to agree there. the same guys criticising are probably the same guys who slaughter the pigeons in the summer

i think that is about all that loser could hit

i assume they end up in a ditch just. its not for me at all

jeez louise, another can of worms! mistaking a woodcock for a snipe!! never heard the likes of it! unbelievable! well il just assume you dont do much woodcock shooting! i bet when it got up you said to yourself, now thats one big snipe there! ridiculous

shocked at the many jokey responses to blowing a foxes head of at close range with a shotgun. i believe a man must have a certain amount of wickedness to get a kick from something like that, sort of a perversion of the mind, ah well, each to there own

babby you shoot sitting birds with a shotgun.

ive got just one reply for you babby, you are without doubt a moron who should not be permitted to hold a firearms licence

are you victor melldrew :good:

Genuine question which has as always been taken out of context by some readers.

What shooting pigeons in summer has to do with shooting at fieldfares I dont know.

Some of you guys have got to sort out your problems if we cant get on a forum this is why the world is in the poo .

All the best OTH

Edited by Over the hill

Already doing it and downloading the qaurry identification thing that they've got on there

Good for you mate :good:

It's an easy mistake to make when you're new to this game.

Been a twitcher for years and it takes more than just a quick glance to spot the difference between fieldfares and woodies :lol:

Genuine question which has as always been taken out of context by some readers.

What shooting pigeons in summer has to do with shooting at fieldfares I dont know.

Some of you guys have got to sort out your problems if we cant get on a forum this is why the world is in the poo .

All the best OTH

Well said, I was about to ask the same question as I,ve loads round my shoot.......and Fieldfairs is what I thought.

Sometimes a re-read and a breath is needed before replying to a post (have done it myself).

He was only asking a question, isn't that what this forum is for?

My arguement for making SGC/FAC applicants take a test BEFORE they get granted leave to go shooting. Our local (and I believe most other) wildfowling clubs insist on a wildfowl recognition test before you can join and rightly so yet no other types of shooting have such rules not even clay grounds.

Don't get me wrong I hate rules and regulations more than most and I certainly wouldn't like to see any more put on the statute books BUT I do think there's a need for a bit more knowledge to be imparted before licences are issued.