Grab the flamethrowers, I'm going in!

955i

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People always moan im paying taxes blah blah.

Trouble is there are not enough jobs to go around many things made cheap in third world.

steel industry mining shipping building all in trouble.

Im out of a job at mo wife works so dont get a penny off state they pay my NI stamp.

Last jobs i tried for over 100 applicant's.

paid full price for basc membership.

955i i hope you lose your job see what its like on other side of fence

the thing that gets me is that the unemployed are slated for the lower price,yet it was basc offering the reduction in membership and the reason is that,so many were dropping out because of unemployment(me included) and they had to find someway of getting them back on board.

basc decided it,not the unemployed.

also i`m not with basc now.

al

Edited by albob

i lost my job after getting knocked off a bike by a guy that fled leaving me face down in a ditch with my arm bone going through my lung. i worked in big steel so wont be able to do it again n soon after i lost my house.

in october after 2-3yr rehabilitation n physio i was put on jobseekers and have applied for every belittling under payed humiliating job i can with no success, most jobs now have been split so 1 full time job is now 2-3 part time posts all pro rota. i do all the looking signing scraping n groveling and i get NOTHING from the system !! not because my mrs works but because she is doing a PHD and gets a small grant... if she was training to do some fools nails or training in IT id get something <the £60 per week>to maybe live on but not if shes intelligent n has worked hard enough to be doin what she is. im a member of basc n in ignorance to any discount i could have got i payed full ,i cant afford to do clays but i do sometimes get to go with friends at the pigeon with the ammo i had from b4 my life was changed ...i say this 955i n everyone else that thinks everyone on the dole is a parasite dont think it wont happen to you because i dearly hope it does n when it does as youR not some asylum seeker you too will get NOTHING!.. oh n it was getting told i may never shoot again that got me to push myself hard enough to be in a position where i could work.

Why is no one thinking that the reason that this has come about is to ensure that the total membership number is not slashed by a huge number of insurance holders being made redundant?

If I was made redundant, I'd certainly consider using this discount to renew my membership. However I probably wouldn't if this wasn't available, as I would have other things that I'd have to consider spending my dwindling accounts on more valuable things.

For those who are employed, like myself. I am happy to pay the full amount (However I'd like a monthly/quarterly fee scheme) and see that those who are keen on shooting, but are struggling to find paid work are still given the opportunity to be supported by the strongest shooting organisation around.

Poor old BASC, damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Not really.

We have alot of moaning old **** here. They'll whine and moan, but when it comes to trying to do anything about it, they are no where to be seen.

In the same respect that I think very little of you attempted to get involved with trying to keep Seagulls on the general license, or trying to stop the removement of the law forcing land owners to control rabbits that where damaging other peoples land, I very much doubt they'll write in and let their voices be heard, ironicly to the only real organisation that does it for them anyhow.

In the same respect that I think very little of you attempted to get involved with trying to keep Seagulls on the general license, or trying to stop the removement of the law forcing land owners to control rabbits that where damaging other peoples land, I very much doubt they'll write in and let their voices be heard, ironicly to the only real organisation that does it for them anyhow.

As you are replying to my post, I should clarify , I am nothing to do with the BASC and didn't "get involved in trying to keep seagulls on general licence.............. etc......."

Well my tuppence worth is ... I was glad to be offered the JSA concession last year. I have been employed solidly since I left school when I was 16 and i'm 36 now, may not have been in the same job but i've always been employed. I've gone from lots of things from packaging lines to fork lift driver and then onto LGV driver and for the first time in 20years last year I find myself out on my *****. Turned up for work one Friday morning to find out the truck had been sold from underneath me - no warning, no week in lieu - nothing.

To this day i'm still owed over £1400 in payments from my old employer.

For the first time in 20yrs i'm not able to "walk into" another job - no matter what it is. It was a major culture shock for me, still is ... As already stated if I claimed asylum saying my country treated me badly would they convert a hospital for me to live in on my own and a nice new Merc on the drive ??

When I spoke to David last year via PM on here telling him that I won't be able to renew my insurance it was David that pointed me in the direction of the concession, without it I would've had to discontinue my shooting til I got another job. Shooting without insurance... well its not rocket science is it.

Personally i'm deeply grateful to BASC for what they've offered and it looks like I may have to take them up on it again this year unfortunately :yes:

With that said I still don't wish unemployment or redundancy on anyone so they can see what its like. At least i'm still insured to enjoy my sport, not as much as I used to because I can't afford to go and consume ammunition and cartridges because i'm not financially in a place to easily replace it but you still need insurance to go shooting that once because thats all it takes.

Edited by taffygun