Couple of hours on the crows 2day

Bluebarrels

post-16664-1264527088.jpg

went out with a mate today for a couple of hours,tried decoying pigeons but no luck really 3x woodies and 3x ferals,then stuck a few crow decoys out and it started to warm up a bit,not a bad shoot on the old crows bagged 28,and they seemed to commit to the decoys okay :good: BB

just out of curiosity what decoys do you use flock coated or just plastic?

good shooting by the way i love crow shooting but it tends to be more oppertunistic as i don't have crow deeks yet birthday in march though so i might get the mrs to grab me some :good:

I use plastic deeks mate painted with matt blackboard paint so they dont shine :oops: i have also painted a dozen pigeon shell decoys black (which take up much less room than full-body deeks)and these work well and are just the job to bulk up the pattern,amongst the full bodied deeks,and you also need to get a shot bird on a floater/bouncer which works very well :oops: but in my experience crow shooting,the most important thing is good fieldcraft :no: without that you wont shoot many crows :huh: BB

cheers mate :good: i've just turned my pigeon net (a camoreal scrim with a realtree mesh/net backing) into a poncho type ghilli thing and used some of the excess to turn an old realtree cap and leaf face mask into a ghilli hood it looks really good i'll try and get some pics up at some point. i wanted a lightweight set up so i don't have to lug my pigeon bag and all the other gear, now i'll just take my seat stick and game bag with deeks/carts/poncho thing all wrapped up in it and get tucked in to a hedge