Pigeon Hypa Flapa

PaulABF

I have two sets of hypa flaps, one set was given to me as a trial item ( by our sponser) when they first came out, the origional two are still in surprisingly good shape, and have been well used and abused, out of all the different kit you can get, they are about as good a bit of kit you can buy, as they really do WORK, big trick is getting the speed right and setting them up to flap properly,I also invested in a hypa light rotary its permanantly strapped to the side of my kit bag so if I need it I already have it with me weighs next to nowt.

KW

I forever seemed to be going out of the hide to fix the wings that kept turning inside out in the wind, also if any of your carbon rods break then your ****, they arent bad in general but i found they spooked more birds than they attracted.

I have used mine for around 6 months and find them to be very good, as Cranfiled has said shorten the wire (Fishing line) on them and

you should have no problems with them wings turning over.

A also find the carbon rods a little short but have not had them popping out like some others have.

Edited by baz

I've got 2 pairs of Hypa Flaps & a Hypa Flap rotary & they work great. Just make sure the nylon that attaches the wings isn't too long as this can make the wings flip over & as Cranfield says, angle them in about 45 degrees - incoming birds can see them better like this.

Never had a problem with the carbon spars - I leave mine in all the time!

I have used the other pair set up on bouncers, but now use Mag357's which are excellent.

Well I've used them on three occasions now as bouncers. Used carbon poles from an old mossie net. Looked fantastic and actually flapped when the wind gusted strong enough. I used the thin carbon wing spars - one snapped straight away due to me bending them into place but I blame me sausage fingers. Flocked heads look extremely realistic too. The fact that not a single bird was decoyed in is neither here nor there as there were no birds to be seen! Just bought a magnet to use them on (cheers robmiller!) so we'll see what next week brings - in between burying my mother in law!

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone know how thick the spars should be? Just received two decoys with 4 spars but they are all 1.3mm thick.........and I have broken one already.

Two of the four should be thin and the other 2 slightly thicker - for higher winds. Not sure on exact dimensions without measuring but probably the thickness of a pencil lead.

I've only had mine whilst the woodies have been bunched up and not really willing to decoy, and so far I think they are excellent. Was out last Saturday and was set up on turned soil, not any crop on the ground; Friend of mine was set up some 300 yards away. He was using real birds and I had the Hypers on our rotaries, the woodies didn't want to know the real ones where as they were swinging round from distance to came and have a nose at the Hypers. I'm not suggesting this one example proves these are better than the real thing, but they are very good.

I was always sceptical of the price considering what they are, but seeing them in action has definitely won my vote. Worth every penny!!

I was always sceptical of the price considering what they are, but seeing them in action has definitely won my vote. Worth every penny!!

Agreed. I keep getting a glimpse of them in corner of eye when in the hide and they do look very realistic. They even give that wing beat noise.

• 3 weeks later...