set fire to the kitchen

Ozzy Fudd

did a bit of an oops tonight :yes:

put the frying pan on to fry a few eggs, turned it up high to get the oil heated and then got a phone call. 15 mins later when i was finishing the call heard a low whoomph and saw an orange flash out of the corner of my eye :rolleyes:, went running into the kitchen and was hit by a wall of smoke and 3ft high flames coming from the pan. obviousley i took a step back, took a deep breath and thought sensibly how to safely deal with this situation :hmm:

balls! :hmm:

i totally panicked, luckily i vaguely remembered something about burning oil+water=explosion, but i didnt want to start piling towels on the pan on top of the cooker incase they caught alight too (cudnt get to the sink to soak them with the flames). so i lifted the pan and dumped it into the sink (which was empty) but there was a bit of water left lying in places in it, so the flames started roaring higher - panic is not the word to describe what i was feeling at that point, and the fact that id had the kitchen decorated (white wallpaper and paint) wasnt helping to calm my nerves. ended up lifting half a dozen tea towels out of a cupboard and chucking them on top of the fire to smother it, then when the flames were out i turned the taps on full blast - still lost 4 tea towels though :hmm:

and as for mans best friend, as soon as the flames were out i opened the back door to clear the smoke, the cat and the dog both cleared out asap and stayed out for an hour :good::lol::hmm:

oh well, last week i flooded the kitchen, this week i set it on fire, so im wondering if next week will be an earthquake or a hurricane :yes:

Edited by babbyc1000

i know, but i cant decide which one to pick at the mo, plus im enjoying my freedom to do silly things at the mo :rolleyes::yes: :yes:

like blow up the house?? :good:

I've heard that you're supposed to put a damp tea towel over the pan, but seeing as your sink was on fire, I'm guessing the tap wasn't easily reached :lol:

BTW, how'd the dinner fare to the inferno??

i didnt blow the house up, its just slightly singed :rolleyes: oh but after i got the fire put out i had a very nice plate of fried wheaten, egg and beans :yes:

no, no vodka then, was only home 20 mins, tho im getting stuck into a bottle right now - russian stress relief, as the saying goes :yes:

well, when i say painting the kitchen white, what i really meant was "mum wouldnt buy me another gun for xmas so she paid a decorater to paint and paper the kitchen, and, being a man, i left the choice of colours and paper up to her" :yes:

well i was hungry john, plus the simpsons were on :rolleyes:

i didnt blow the house up, its just slightly singed :rolleyes: oh but after i got the fire put out i had a very nice plate of fried wheaten, egg and beans :yes:

no, no vodka then, was only home 20 mins, tho im getting stuck into a bottle right now - russian stress relief, as the saying goes :lol:

You aint got rid of that bird with the boar huntin in Europe have you mate ? :good: If so post up her phone number. Always fancied bagging a few hogs :yes:

You aint got rid of that bird with the boar huntin in Europe have you mate ? :hmm: If so post up her phone number. Always fancied bagging a few hogs :yes:

got rid of her before halloween, why you think i bought a .17hmr instead of a 7.62 sks :yes: id give you her number mate but wudnt wish that fate on any man - if i can get rid of her and forsake the free wild boar/deer/elk/wolf/bear/lynx/duck hunting, vodka at £1.50 a litre and 200 cigs for £2 then you know you defo dont wanna go there :good::lol::hmm:

You need bubble wrapping!

is that a code word? :rolleyes:

:hmm: :hmm:

did a bit of an oops tonight :oops:

put the frying pan on to fry a few eggs, turned it up high to get the oil heated and then got a phone call. 15 mins later when i was finishing the call

:hmm::hmm::hmm:

You were on the phone for 15min? Must have been an 0908 XXX XXX number with a 13 minute queue.....

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Vodka? Get Some Whiskey :crazy: a proper drink or Port... mmmmmmm :drool:

:drinks:

Edited by HDAV

To sound like your Dad, just keep a fire blanket box pinned to the wall next to the hob. They cost £10 or so, and can save your life/house/kitchen.

you obviousley never met my dad :crazy: when i tell him he'll laugh his balls off for 10 minutes before telling me about the time they used petrol and bin liners to take out a serbian general again :rolleyes:

but good idea mate :rolleyes:

na, not an 0900 number, just a mate i cudnt get off the phone (talking about guns - again) :drinks:

ps whiskey and red bull is ok, ports great but gives me one hell of a hangover :rolleyes:

ps whiskey and red bull is ok, ports great but gives me one hell of a hangover :drool:

I'm a Jack and Coke man but by mum recently intorduced to me to some vary nice single malts, Liek Jameson too with cranberry its a nice summer drink...

Want to get really mashed Double proper measure of port into a pint glass follwed by bottle of WKD blue..............and repeat 3 times the night goes a bit like this :rolleyes::rolleyes::oops::crazy::hmm::drinks::rolleyes: (where's the one of the copper with batton out?)

mmm Cheeky Vimto......

Seriously glad you got away with it as you did could have been really nasty mate...

Edited by HDAV

I'm a Jack and Coke man but by mum recently intorduced to me to some vary nice single malts, Liek Jameson too with cranberry its a nice summer drink...

Want to get really mashed Double proper measure of port into a pint glass follwed by bottle of WKD blue..............and repeat 3 times the night goes a bit like this :rolleyes::drinks::hmm::hmm::mad::drool::rolleyes: (where's the one of the copper with batton out?)

mmm Cheeky Vimto......

Seriously glad you got away with it as you did could have been really nasty mate...

cheers mate :oops:

though johns right, several red aftershock and a blue wkd in a pint glass is more fun i find - we call it purple death :hmm:

4 ollie? :crazy: i really dont know what you mean... :rolleyes::lol: